Dr. Laura A. Timmerman M.D.
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine230 N. Wiget Lane Walnut Creek CA, 94598
Dr. Laura Timmerman, MD is one of the best ranked doctors in the United States. She specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine and currently sees patients in Walnut creek, California. ...
Education and Training
University of California, Davis School of Medicine M.D. 1986
University of California, Berkeley B.A. Neurobiology 1982
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- 1994
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine- 2010
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Primary repair of patellar tendon rupture without augmentation.
- Arthroscopic microfracture of chondral defects of the knee: a comparison of two postoperative treatments.
- A rare HLA DQB allele sequenced from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Outcome of elbow surgery in professional baseball players.
- Histology and arthroscopic anatomy of the ulnar collateral ligament of the elbow.
- Cloning and chromosomal localization of the human and murine genes for the T-cell transcription factors NFATc and NFATp.
- Preoperative evaluation of the ulnar collateral ligament by magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography arthrography. Evaluation in 25 baseball players with surgical confirmation.
- Undersurface tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in baseball players. A newly recognized lesion.
- Arthroscopic treatment of posttraumatic elbow pain and stiffness.
- Nuclear factor of activated T cells is associated with a mast cell interleukin 4 transcription complex.
- Fracture of the trochlea.
- Hip pains in a recreational runner.
- Different nuclear signals are activated by the B cell receptor during positive versus negative signaling.
- Role of the NF-ATc transcription factor in morphogenesis of cardiac valves and septum.
- Outstanding Student 1986 American Medical Women's Association
- Outstanding Resident 1991 U.C. Davis Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 3-M Basic Science Research Award 1993 American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Alumni Scholar 1982 UC Berkeley Alumni Association
- Ishiyaku-EuroAmerican Scholarship Award 1986 Ishiyaku-EuroAmerican Inc.
- Richard B. Irvine, M.D. Memorial Scholarship Award 1985 Mt. Diablo Hospital, Concord, CA
- Paul R. Lipscomb Award for Excellence in Orthopaedics 1986 UC Davis Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Selected Professional - Development Seminar 1993 American Association of Medical Council
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Elbow, Knee, Shoulder Treatments
- Ligament Reconstruction
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Ankle Sprain And Achilles Tendon Sprain Or Rupture
- Mcl Tear
- Elbow Injuries
- Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
- Elbow Or Upper Arm Arthritis
- Elbow Sprain
- Knee Dislocation
- Meniscal Tear
- Knee Sprain
- Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (golfer's Elbow)
- Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome Or Knee Pain
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Sprains And Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Patella Dislocation
- Instability Of Knee, Shoulder, And Elbow
- Regenokine Injections
- Professional Member Paul R. Lipscomb Society 1991
- Professional Member Arthroscopy Association of North America 1993
- Professional Member American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society 1991
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 1995
- Professional Member American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine 1996
- Professional Member California Medical Association
- Professional Member California Orthopedic Association
- Professional Member The Forum 2001
- Professional Member Alameda Contra Costa Medical Association
- Amer Sports Medicine Inst, Orthopedic Surgery - Sports Medicine Fellowship; Birmingham, Alabama Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy 1992
- LippincottElbow Arthrosopy, in Operative Orthopaedics, 4th Edition2014
- Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related SurgeryArthroscopic Microfracture of Chondral Defects of the Knee: A Comparison of 2 Postop. Treatments2005
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Editor Elbow Instability in Instructional Course Lectures & Sports Medicine2005
- W. B. Saunders CompanyDiagnostic and Operative Arthroscopy1997
- Blackwell Science, Inc.Revision of Failed PCL - Revision of Failed Arthroscopic and Ligament Surgery1998
- The American Journal of Sports MedicineOutcome of Elbow Surgery in Professional Baseball Players1995
- American Journal of Sports MedicineThe Histologic and Arthroscopic Anatomy of the Ulnar Collateral Ligament of the Elbow1994
- American Journal of Sports MedicineArthroscopic Treatment of the Post-Traumatic Elbow Pain and Stiffness1994
- American Journal of Sports MedicinePre-Operative Evaluation of MRI & CT-Arthrography in 25 Baseball Players with Surgical Confirmation1994
- American Journal of Sports MedicineUndersurface Tear of the Ulnar Collateral Ligament in Baseball Players1994
Experience & Accolades
- Team Physician for Intercollegiate Sports1994 - 2001UC Berkeley
- Assistant Professor1992 - 1995University of California, Davis, School of MedicineDept. of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Associate Professor1996 - 1996University of California, Davis, School of MedicineDept. of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Clinical Associate Professor1996 - 1999University of California, Davis, School of MedicineDept. Of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Chief of Orthopaedics1996 - 1999Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, Martinez, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgeon1998Walnut Creek, CA
- Editor1996American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Team Physician1995 - 1996USA Hockey
- Team Physician2003Saint Mary’s College
- Team Physician1992 - 1996UC Davis
Dr. Laura A. Timmerman M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Laura A. Timmerman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Timmerman
- Brett .
She is wonderful..
- Michael b.
There's nowhere else I'd consider going.
- Dawn g.
- Becky b.
She just amazing and friendly!.
- T. r.
Couldn't be happier with the results and overall experience.
- B. w.
Labrum surgery with Dr. Timmerman went better than I could have hoped for.
- Leslie p.
frozen shoulder healed!.
- Eleanor d.
Dr. Timmerman is a wonderful surgeon, after five months I am back to normal.
- Michael p.
Dr Timmerman put my elbow back together!.
- Laura f.
Highly recommend Dr. Timmerman.
- Christina c.
Hands down best doctor and staff.
- D. f.
ACL replacement & medial meniscus repair.
- Patrick m.
Dr Timmerman was great! She got the procedure done quickly and I was seeing progress right away!.
- Mark k.
Ultra satisfied with result of surgery and bed side manner.
Thank you for a wonderful experience!.
- A. w.
I finally found a doctor who listens..
Great surgeon for knee issue.
One of the best orthopedic surgeons in Northern California! .
Good as New.
- Susan c.
- Andrea c.
- Donna s.
- Ken b.
Dr Timmerman is the best ever. Hands down!.
- Ian f.
Excellent experience through out, pre and post operation, would highly recommend to anyone..
- D. n.
Saved my arm! Tennis here I come!.
- Steve t.
Dr. Timmerman is an absolutely amazing orthopedic surgeon..
- Marty s.
Highly experienced doctor.
- Jenna g.
Awesome surgeon! Dr. Timmerman has repaired my PCL and my left shoulder!.
- Lauren s.
Very nice experience.+ Show More
- What Medications Are Required to Treat Meningitis?
The type of treatment to use is determined by the organism that causes the illness, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient and overall health status.What tests are done to identify meningitis?A few tests may be performed to determine whether you have meningitis. Tests are also done to...
- What Is Cauliflower Ear: Causes and Treatments
What is cauliflower ear?When we talk about the term “cauliflower ear”, it refers to a kind of deformity of the ear. It can be due to various causes such as an injury or blunt trauma to the ear during a wrestling or boxing match. If this injury is not treated in a timely manner, then it can lead...
- Do I Need Alpha-Lipoic Acid Supplements?
Do I Need Alpha-Lipoic Acid Supplements?Alpha-lipoic acid or ALA is an antioxidant that is naturally produced in our body. This fatty acid is required for the production of energy in cells and it also plays a major role in reducing oxidative damage by free radicals. Supplements of this fatty acid...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- How Are Shin Splints Diagnosed?
Shin splints are very common among athletes and those who carry out medium to high-intensity workouts. It is also known as the medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). Shin splints are usually painful during exercise, but with time and without the proper treatment, the pain will continue to persist...
- Can Dehydration Lead to Mood Swings?
Even mild dehydration was found to have a drastic effect on the moods and concentration of women, according to a new study conducted on 25 healthy women. The results, published in The Journal of Nutrition, shows that mild dehydration causes mood swings, increased fatigue, and headaches in women.In...
- Nancy Rolnik M.D.108 La Casa Via walnut creek CA 94598
- Dr. Benjamin T. Busfield MD2350 Country Hills Rd. Antioch CA 94531
- Dr. Joseph C Cheng M.D.15035 E 14th St San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. John Kenneth Merson MD1800 Sutter St Concord CA 94520
- Dr. Michael Gary Michlitsch M.D.2625 SHADELANDS DR WALNUT CREEK CA 94598
- Dr. Olawunmi A. Beckley M.D.2700 GRANT ST CONCORD CA 94520