Dr. Amil Ortiz is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Ortiz cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine 1972
- Heart Disease
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Brook Army Med Center 1973
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Amil Ortiz MD's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
Dr. Amil Ortiz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Oncoplastic Surgery Success Story at Tufts Medical Center
While there are thousands of difficulties that surround breast cancer, one of the largest for many women is losing their breasts in surgery. While it is a necessary evil due to the cancer, it can be very difficult on confidence and self-image. If they wish to reconstruct their breasts, there are...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Dr. Blanca Molina MD520 Madison Oak Drive San Antonio Texas 78258
- Dr. Daniel R. Dirnberger M.D.5414 Fredericksburg Rd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Steven Seidner MD9200 Pinecroft Spring TX 77380
- Dr. Rajam Ramamurthy M.D.7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Cynthia Blanco MD4502 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Margarita M Vasquez M.D.7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229