Specializing in internal medicine and pediatrics, Dr. Karen Hamad, MD is one of the country's top rated doctors. She currently practices medicine at Orlando, Florida and Osprey, Florida. Dr. Hamad is ...
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1995
Tulane University of Louisiana 1995
Tulane University School of Medicine 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- High Cholesterol
- Ear Infection
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vascular Disease
- Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Tulane University Hospital and Clinics
- Tulane University Affiliated Hospitals
Experience & Accolades
- MemberSarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota, FL
Dr. Karen Marie Hamad MD's Practice location
Osprey, FL 34229Get Direction
Dr. Karen Marie Hamad MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hamad
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Encephalitis in Children
Encephalitis in ChildrenEncephalitis means inflammation of the brain. The condition is usually caused by viruses. Encephalitis is a rare disease that affects approximately 0.5 per 100,000 individuals. Children, the elderly, and those with an impaired immune system are commonly affected by the...
- When to Seek Medication for Jaundice in Newborn Babies
Jaundice usually appears about three days after birth and disappears by the time the baby is two weeks old. Premature babies are more prone to jaundice than the mature ones. This condition can also take 5-7 days to appear. It can also stretch up to 3 weeks. Jaundice also tends to last relatively...
- What Are Pinworms? Treatment and Home Remedies for Pinworms
A pinworm infection is a parasitic infection of the intestines, mostly affecting children. Pinworms can cause great discomfort in children since the infection comes with itching and irritation in the perianal region. This parasitic infection can spread from one child to another. Even adolescents...
- Why Swimming Lessons Are Crucial for Children with Autism
It is important for any child to learn how to swim, but it is especially important for those with autism due to tendencies to wander towards water.Sayed's storySayed Ashraaf Ali Sayed Imran is five years old and has autism. He is absolutely in love with anything that has to do with water. Anyone who...
- How Does Chicken Pox Spread?
Chicken pox is an infectious disease which affects mostly children under the age of 15, but it can even affect adults. Given the number of infections per year, it is like a rite of passage for every growing child.Symptoms of chicken pox The symptoms of chicken pox include:...
- Dr. Lisa Gonzalez-Abello MD1750 17th Street Sarasota Florida 34234
- Dr. Enas Sallam MD5350 University Pkwy Sarasota FL 34243
- Dr. Francine Gross M.D.2934 University Pkwy Sarasota FL 34243
- Mr. Anton Marek Clemmons M.D.929 S Tamiami Trl Osprey FL 34229
- Dr. Donald Scott Featherman M.D.2020 Cattlemen Rd Sarasota FL 34232
- Dr. James Robert Cocco MD5350 University Pkwy Sarasota FL 34243