Dr. Raanan Pokroy practices Emergency Medicine in Lihue, HI. Dr. Pokroy assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Pokroy examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
- Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Emergency Medicine; Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, General Surgery
Dr. Raanan Elan Pokroy M.D.'s Practice location
Lihue, HI 96766Get Direction
Dr. Raanan Elan Pokroy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Dr. R. Wayne Fukino MD4643 Waimea Canyon Rd Waimea HI 96796
- Dr. Erik J. Schumacher M.D.3-3420 Kuhio Hwy Lihue HI 96766
- Dr. Brian Tobe MD4643 Waimea Canyon Road Waimea HI 96796
- Dr. Reid Tamanaha MD10180 Se Sunnyside Rd Clackamas OR 97015
- Dr. Christopher David Elliott M.D.3-3420 Kuhio Hwy Lihue HI 96766
- Dr. David Deland Gregorius D.O.4643 Waimea Canyon Drive Waimea HI 96796