Dr. Richard Kauffman is an internist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Kauffman has been a consultant on HIV in Southeast Asia, Africa and the Caribbean. He specializes in the medical treatment of diseases of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Kauffman provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1976
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1976
Dr. Richard Kauffman M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Metformin can reduce insulin levels in women with PCOS and may also decrease androgen levels. READ MORE
Gabapentin can be helpful in decreasing the pain of diabetic neuropathy. More importantly, lifestyle changes to decrease glucose levels such as diet, exercise and maintaining a BMI between 25-28. READ MORE
It is very uncommon for anyone over the age of six to get croup. It is most common in children ages 6 months to 3 years. Boys are affected more than girls. READ MORE
It depends on what caused her pleural effusion. 25% of effusions remain undiagnosed as to their cause. There are medicines that can cause a lupus-like condition that can result in an effusion. Your mother’s physician will look for the cause of the effusion. READ MORE
Definitely you need to see a physician, sooner better than later. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Malawi Venture Mercer School of Medicine 2013 - 2013
- FAA Aeromedical Examiner Atlanta, GA 1986 - 2009
- Service Award for Professional Service2004Rotary Centennial
- High Cholesterol
- Vascular Disease
- American Medical Association
- Southern medical association
- Southeastern Board of the Academy of HIV Medicine
- Board Member ICEHA - International Center for Equal Healthcare Access
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Yearly medical missions to underdeveloped areas of the world.
- Medical College of Georgia
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Southern Medical Association, Medical Association of Georgia
What do you attribute your success to?
- His international travels and services have instilled in him a dedication to provide teaching and care in underserved areas of the world.
- Volunteer work in Haiti, Cambodia and Vietnam; Malawi outreach programs
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Volunteer Work in Haiti, Cambodia and Vietnam
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, New England Journal of Medicine, MEDLINE
Dr. Richard Kauffman M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, Georgia 30327Get Direction
ATLANTA, GA 30339Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard Kauffman M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard Kauffman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kauffman
- Sore Tongue
The tongue is made up of different muscles that help us speak, swallow, chew, or taste food. So when we have a sore tongue, it can be quite hard to ignore.Although a sore tongue is not always a cause for concern, emergency medical attention may be required in some cases, such as rapid tongue...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- What Are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis refers to a very common, progressive condition, characterized by weak and fragile bones. The bones are so weak that even a small strain may result in fracture. The bones lose its density gradually during the early years and this stage, which is the precursor of osteoporosis, is known as...
- Why Am I So Tired?
Many people find it difficult to describe when they are tired. Some call it exhaustion, while others name it tiredness. Few others may call it fatigue. Fatigue, or tiredness, is a non-specific condition with numerous causes. Fatigue can be either physical or mental, although the two condition are...
- Home Remedies for Oral Candidiasis
Oral thrush or oral candidiasis is an infection of the mouth caused by the fungus, Candida. This fungus is also known as yeast. It is normal for Candida organisms to live in our bodies since they are generally harmless. However, when they overgrow, they can cause infections. Such infections can...
- Dr. Pragna Patel M.D., M.P.H827 Inman Village Pkwy NE Atlanta Georgia 30307
- Dr. Andrew Pugliese MD6916 McGinnis Ferry Road Suwanee Georgia 30024
- Dr. Lewin G. Chuachiaco MD3650 Steve Reynolds Blvd. Duluth Georgia 30069
- Dr. Adeyosoye T. Dawodu M.D.3040 Peachtree Road Atlanta GA 30305
- Nicolas Bakinde720 West View Drive Southwest Atlanta Georgia 30310
- Dr. Marvin Crawford MD702 Westview Drive Atlanta Georgia 30310