Dr. Christina M Yuan M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | NephrologyWalter Reed Army Medical Ctr 6900 Georgia Ave, Nw Washington DC, 20307
Dr. Christina Yuan is a nephrologist practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Yuan specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Yuan most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Lack of a phenotype in transgenic mice aberrantly expressing COL2A1 mRNA because of highly selective post-transcriptional down-regulation.
- Life expectancy benefits of cancer screening in the end-stage renal disease population.
- The impact of bleeding times on major complication rates after percutaneous real-time ultrasound-guided renal biopsies.
- Effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and steroid therapy on proteinuria in FSGS: a retrospective study in a single clinic.
- Analyzing process variation in chart review using a networked spreadsheet application in the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Nephrology Clinic.
- The impact of renal transplantation on the incidence of congestive heart failure in patients with end-stage renal disease due to diabetes.
- A 20-year-old army private with leg pain, fever, and collapse during a forced road march.
- Transjugular renal biopsy in high-risk patients: an American case series.
- A multidisciplinary program for achieving lipid goals in chronic hemodialysis patients.
- Hospitalized valvular heart disease in patients on renal transplant waiting list: incidence, clinical correlates and outcomes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperglycemic hyperosmolar syndrome after renal transplantation in the United States.
- Preservation of renal structure and function at 2 years without calcineurin inhibitor use.
- Differing manifestations of hepatitis C and tacrolimus on hospitalized diabetes mellitus occurring after kidney transplantation.
- Effects of three sodium-potassium adenosine triphosphatase inhibitors.
- Neurofilament phosphorylation in peripheral nerve: changes with axonal length and growth state.
Dr. Christina M Yuan M.D.'s Practice location
Washington, DC 20307Get Direction
BETHESDA, MD 20889Get Direction
Dr. Christina M Yuan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yuan
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Vertigo: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Vertigo is a fairly common condition that causes an individual to feel as if their head is spinning and he or she becomes dizzy. It is usually temporary, only for a few seconds to minutes, occurring only when you make sudden head movements, but sometimes it can be so severe that it begins to...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- Dr. Joyce Gonin MD4910 Massachusetts Ave Nw Washington DC 20016
- Dr. Steve A Burka MD5530 Wisconsin Ave Chevy Chase MD 20815
- Dr. Mohammed Youshauddin M.D., FASN6357 Oxon Hill Rd Oxon Hill MD 20745
- Dr. Raymond Bass M.D.3941 Ferrara Dr Silver Spring MD 20906
- Dr. Parvez Ahmed Khatri M.D.1160 Varnum St Ne Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Roslyn Bernstein Mannon M.D.10 Center Drive, Msc 1450 Bethesda MD 20892