Yasmeen M Islam M.D. PA
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)3390 Tamiami Trl Suite 102 Port Charlotte FL, 33952
Dr. Yasmeen Islam is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Port Charlotte, FL. Dr. Islam specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Islam can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Islam can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University of South Florida (Usf) Medicine
University of Central Florida College of Medicine 1995
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Menopause, Infertility
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Stress Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Uterine Prolapse
Experience & Accolades
- MemberCharlotte Regional Medical Center, Punta Gorda, FL
- Member Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Port Charlotte, FL
Yasmeen M Islam M.D. PA's Practice location
Port Charlotte, FL 33952Get Direction
Yasmeen M Islam M.D. PA's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Islam
- Birth Control Methods for Women
Here is an eye opening statistic. Approximately 85% of women who are sexually active and do not use contraception, will get pregnant in the first year. Despite the myths, yes, women can get pregnant about 10 days of giving birth, while breast feeding and during menstruation. If getting pregnant...
- Diabetes and High Blood Pressure Developed During Pregnancy Can Lead to Heart Disease
According to a new study published in Circulation: Journal of the American Heart Association, diabetes and high blood pressure during pregnancy may help to predict the risk of heart disease during early, middle-aged women. In this study, researchers analyzed data from more than 3,400 pregnant women...
- Treatments for Bronchitis During Pregnancy
Although bronchitis can be a harmful illness to those who suffer from it, pregnant women may be more severely affected by the symptoms of bronchitis. Bronchitis can cause fetal complications for pregnant women who require constant oxygen levels to stay healthy. Since pregnancy weakens women's...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Reasons Why You Need Bariatric Surgery
What is Bariatric Surgery?Bariatric surgery is also referred as weight loss surgery. It is mainly done on obese people or those with a BMI (body mass index) greater than forty. The main aim of this kind of surgery is to achieve weight loss. What are the Risks of Being Overweight?Being obese poses...
- Tips to Alleviate Hot Flashes
Hormonal therapy is the commonest treatment for hot flashes. It is the only FDA-endorsed therapy so far. However, several other non-hormonal alternatives are available to help women alleviate their menopause-related symptoms before considering hormonal therapies. For some women, especially those who...
- Dr. Charlene Q. Okomski D.O.6210 Scott St Punta Gorda FL 33950
- Dr. Tammy L Birbeck DO901 Kimole Ln Adrian MI 49221
- Dr. John H Hoertz MD2345 Bobcat Village Center Rd North Port FL 34288
- Dr. Eugene Ervin Gregush M.D.2525 Harbor Blvd Port Charlotte FL 33952
- Dr. Nay Gebran Hoche MD3067 Tamiami Trl Port Charlotte FL 33952
- Dr. Cynthia Kay Davis MD779 Medical Dr Englewood FL 34223