Dr. Paul Harmatz MD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology747 52nd St Oakland CA, 94609
Dr. Paul Harmatz is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Oakland, CA. Dr. Harmatz specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Education and Training
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth 1976
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Mass Gen Hosp, Gastroenterology; La Co Harbor Ucla Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program
Dr. Paul Harmatz MD's Practice location
Dr. Paul Harmatz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Harmatz
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- How Necessary is a Biopsy for Celiac Disease?
A biopsy has been considered as one of the gold standards to confirm celiac disease, an autoimmune disease that is caused by gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. A biopsy is an invasive procedure, so some do not want to undergo it. In the past 25 years, more tests have been utilized to...
- IBD Severity in Children Can Be Predicted by Genetic Testing
The good news for children suffering from IBD and their parents is that a group of Norwegian research scientists has had a recent breakthrough in determining a new test to both diagnose and categorize IBD through the profiling of the bacterial composition of the large bowel.Inflammatory bowel...
- Gluten Sensor Makes Celiac Life Easier
The Latest Technology To Help Those With Issues To GlutenThere are many types of gluten-free products on the market today. From the latest gluten-free food to gluten-free cookbooks. The latest technology on the market has been doing more than ever to assist those who are facing gluten intolerance...
- Newborn Jaundice Prognosis and Home Remedies
Jaundice is a condition that causes yellowing of the skin and certain parts of the eyes. Your child will be checked for jaundice three days after being born. Nevertheless, you should watch out for any signs of the disorder after your go back home since it can take up to seven days to become...
- Caring for a Child with Celiac Disease
Have you ever wondered why your child has difficulty in gaining weight, or maybe he or she is not gaining weight at all? Does your child experience abdominal pain, bloating, or even diarrhea when they eat foods with wheat, barley, rye, and the like? Is your child always weak and sickly? If he or she...
- Dr. Ivor Hill MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Fadi George Haddad M.D.1455 Montego Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Sabina A Ali MD747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Michael Glock MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Eric Hassall MD3700 California St San Francisco CA 94118
- Dr. Tiffany Danielle Kratzer MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143