Dr. Sabaratnam Shanmugananthan is an internist practicing in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Shanmugananthan specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Shanmugananthan provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Dr. Sabaratnam Shanmugananthan MD's Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11213Get Direction
Dr. Sabaratnam Shanmugananthan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shanmugananthan
- Light Drinking May Not Harm Babies
New research shows that a pregnant mother drinking up to two glasses of alcohol may not harm the children. About 11,500 mothers and their children participated in this study. Researchers collected data regarding the drinking habits of the mothers when the kids were about 9 months old. When the...
- Decoding Facts About the Strep Throat Infection
Is it a sore throat or a strep throat infection?Strep throat is a medical condition associated with bacteria that infect the throat and tonsils. The infection is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. This group of bacteria is usually spread through contact with droplets of an infected person....
- The Health Benefits of Papaya
Papaya is one of the highly popular fruits available in all parts of world; it is equally liked by people of all age groups. The fruit is available in the market all year round. They are always in season, because the papaya plant's cultivation cycle is not an annual one. The ripened fruit is...
- The Possible Causes of Rib Pain
What is a rib cage?A human rib cage consists of 12 pairs of ribs, which are symmetrically paired on both sides of the body. The rib cage shields the organs located in the chest region, which include the lungs and heart from any kind of damage or injury. The ribs are attached to the sternum...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- How Is Bronchitis Differentiated from Other Chest Infections?
Bronchial tubes are the airways through which air travels and reaches the lungs. The inflammation of these bronchial tubes is called bronchitis. The inflammation is more often caused by a viral infection, smoke, dust, or other irritants.Bronchitis may be due to a chest infection, inflammation of...
- Dr. Walid Elkhalili MD6-20 Plaza Rd Fairlawn NJ 07410
- Dr. Rafael Sezan M.D.135 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn NY 11218
- Dr. Geraldine S. Meanor MD150 Ridgewood Avenue Glen Ridge New Jersey 7028
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dr. Roger Alan Wooden MD233 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn New York 11205