Dr. Barry S Obadiah M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology2318 31st St Astoria NY, 11105
Dr. Barry Obadiah is a gastroenterologist practicing in Astoria, NY. Dr. Obadiah specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Obadiah performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch- New Brunswick Nj 1993
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Hiatal Hernia
- Colon Polyps
- H. Pylori
- Vascular Disease
- Ny Hosp Med Ctr Of Queens, Gastroenterology; Lenox Hill Hosp, Internal Medicine
- NSLIJ/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital Program
Dr. Barry S Obadiah M.D.'s Practice location
Astoria, NY 11105Get Direction
Dr. Barry S Obadiah M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Obadiah
- What Are Gallstones: Get the Facts
Formed in the gallbladder, gallstones are compact, “stone”-like substances. In size, gallstones can be compared to either a golf ball or a grain of sand. They can be produced by the gallbladder as a single large stone, many small sized stones, or both.Just beneath the liver’s lobe, on the...
- For People with Crohn's, Mental Well-Being Is Just as Important as Physical
The impact of Crohn’s disease on a person’s lifestyle can be dramatic. The unpredictability of flare ups, medication reactions, and even bathroom locations puts a strain on the person’s ability to participate in everyday life. It’s challenging to make and keep plans when day-to-day symptoms...
- Is Anemia Treatable?
Anemia, also spelled anaemia, is usually expounded as a disorder causing a decrease in the total amount of red blood cells (RBCs) or hemoglobin in the blood. This decrease in RBC count in the body hinders the oxygen to flow smoothly in the system causing various irregular symptoms which may...
- Gluten-Free Food Bank Helps Families in Need in Massachusetts
Celiac disease is a chronic condition caused in the digestive tract, it has an immunological origin characterized by a permanent intolerance to a protein called gluten which is present in cereals (wheat, oats, barley or rye). When the patient ingests foods containing gluten, the lining of the small...
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Crohn's Disease
What is Crohn’s Disease?Crohn’s is a chronic case of inflammatory disease that tends to have an impact on the intestines. It mainly leads to breaking of the lining of both the small and the large intestines. This disease also affects the digestive system starting from the mouth to the anus....
- Abdominal Pain: Is It Appendicitis?
The abdomen is the part of your body below your chest and above the pelvic region, and any pain in this area is referred to as abdominal pain. Almost everybody would have experienced pain in the abdomen one time or another. Most causes are harmless and can be diagnosed and treated easily. However,...
- Dr. David L. Carr-Locke MD FRCP10 Nathan D Perlman Pl New York NY 10003
- Dr. Gil I. Ascunce M.D.161 Madison Ave Suite 10 SW New York NY 10016
- Dr. Iheanyichukwu Aja-Onu M.D.1 Healthy Way Oceanside NY 11572
- Dr. Victor W. Groisser M.D.37 Glen Ave West Orange NJ 7052
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD305 2nd Avenue New York New York 10003