Dr. Elaine Burke is a psychologist practicing in Fullerton, CA. Dr. Burke specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Burke evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Burke because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Elaine A. Burke PSY.D.'s Practice location
Fullerton, CA 92835Get Direction
Dr. Elaine A. Burke PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?
Binge Eating Disorder, which is abbreviated as BED is an eating condition which is marked with recurring periods of quickly eating too much food, thus making one feel uncomfortable. A person with this condition lacks self-control during the binge episodes and afterwards feels ashamed, distressed and...
- Autism, Hip-Hop, and a New Musical
A new musical by the name of "Wonderland" seeks to explore autism via rap and spoken word.WINGS"Wonderland" is a WINGS production. WINGS is nationally recognized as one of the leading performing arts programs for children, and is located at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Their goal is to inspire...
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- How an Autism Expert Failed to See His Own Son's Asperger's
Many children with Asperger’s syndrome are initially diagnosed with ADHD and then later diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome in adulthood when seeking help for directly related matters such as depression or persistent anxiety. This is how it took professor Tony Attwood, clinical psychologist, 35...
- Unique Social Clubs for Women On the Spectrum
For people with autism, social activities can be both difficult and stressful. This can often lead to avoidance of such situations, which in turn leads to isolation. As humans are social beings, lack of interaction with other people can leave many feeling depressed.For one young woman with autism,...
- Behavioral and Emotional Meltdowns in Children with Autism
Parents of children with autism sometimes need to deal with physical and/or emotional outbursts. They could be out-of-control aggressive episodes which include screaming, shouting and crying. They may escalate into kicking, lashing out, and even biting.These episodes are not ‘temper tantrums’,...
- Dr. Vera M. Bell PHD3780 Kilroy Airport Way Long Beach California 90806
- Dr. Julia M. Johnson LEP920 Joyce Drive Brea California 92821
- Ms. Jeanne J. Knox LMFT4525 E Atherton St Long Beach California 90815
- Dr. Cynthia A. Cotter PH.D.12526 High Bluff Drive San Diego CA 92130
- Dr. Ehsan Gharadjedaghi PSYD17900 Skypark Circle, Irvine CA 92614
- Terry Egan7677 Center Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 Huntington Ca 92647