Dr. Shaun Gifford is a vascular surgeon practicing in Lackland, TX. Dr. Gifford specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Gifford diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
- Endovascular treatment of a blunt aortic injury in Iraq: extension of innovative endovascular capabilities to the modern battlefield.
- A large animal survival model (Sus scrofa) of extremity ischemia/reperfusion and neuromuscular outcomes assessment: a pilot study.
- The impact of ischemic intervals on neuromuscular recovery in a porcine (Sus scrofa) survival model of extremity vascular injury.
- A collaborative research system for functional outcomes following wartime extremity vascular injury.
- Pneumatic compression for embolic protection during upper extremity endovascular intervention.
- A retrospective cohort comparison of expanded polytetrafluorethylene to autologous vein for vascular reconstruction in modern combat casualty care.
Dr. Shaun Michael Gifford M.D.'s Practice location
Lackland, TX 78236Get Direction
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
TRAVIS AFB, CA 94535Get Direction
Dr. Shaun Michael Gifford M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- Dr. Lois A Fiala MD6800 W Ih 10 San Antonio TX 78201
- Dr. Ronald L. Blumoff M.D.6800 Park Ten Blvd San Antonio TX 78213
- Dr. Daniel Tamez M.D.610 N. Main Ave. San Antonio TX 78205
- Dr. Gregory A Hamon MD3903 Wiseman Blvd San Antonio TX 78251
- Dr. Lyssa N Ochoa MD111 Dallas St San Antonio TX 78205
- Dr. William Overton Kirk MD8715 Village Dr San Antonio TX 78217