Dr. Antal Solyom practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Lynchburg, VA. Dr. Solyom evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Solyom seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Orvostudomanyi Egyetem, Szeged, Hungary 1960
University of Szeged Faculty of Medicine 1960
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1960
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Efficacy of sertraline in the treatment of children and adolescents with major depressive disorder.
- Omitted considerations and populations: a response to "Should children decide whether they are enrolled in nonbeneficial research?" by David Wendler and Seema Shah (AJOB 3:4).
- Leadership responsibilities and integrity of physicians in healthcare.
- Ethical challenges to the integrity of physicians: financial conflicts of interest in clinical research.
- Viewpoint: Improving the health of the public requires changes in medical education.
- Educating physicians: are we doing enough?
- Internal morality of motherhood and integrity of physicians in the era of assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs).
- Line, please.
- In distress.
- Determinants of altered anxiety after abnormal maternal serum alpha-fetoprotein screening.
- Parent preference in the attachment exploration balance in infancy: an experimental psychoanalytic approach.
- On the infant's meaning for the parent: a study of four mother-daughter pairs.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Detroit Psychiatric Inst, Psychiatry
- Detroit Psych Inst/Wsu
Dr. Antal E. Solyom M.D.'s Practice location
Lynchburg, VA 24501Get Direction
Dr. Antal E. Solyom M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Dr. John L. Hendrickson M.D.3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503
- Dr. Edward John Kuhnley M.D.3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503
- Dr. Jaime Bamford MD3470 Blazer Pkwy Lexington KY 40509
- Dr. Julia P. Bond M.D.3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503
- Dr. Jitendra Annapareddy M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. John G. Fisher M.D.3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503