Dr. H Ian Robins MD PHD
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology600 Highland Ave Madison WI, 53792
Dr. H Robins practices Radiation Oncology in Madison, WI. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Robins specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- A pilot study of melphalan, tumor necrosis factor-alpha and 41.8 degrees C whole-body hyperthermia.
- Role of tumor necrosis factor alpha in hyperthermia-induced apoptosis of human leukemia cells.
- Whole body hyperthermia: simple complexities.
- Phase I trial of intravenous thymidine and carboplatin in patients with advanced cancer.
- Whole body hyperthermia induction of soluble tumor necrosis factor receptors: implications for rheumatoid diseases.
- Nephrotoxicity of ifosfamide, carboplatin and etoposide (ICE) alone or combined with extracorporeal or radiant-heat-induced whole-body hyperthermia.
- Whole body hyperthermia cytokine induction: a review, and unifying hypothesis for myeloprotection in the setting of cytotoxic therapy.
- Non-Hodgkin's tumor and Pancoast's syndrome.
- A phase I trial of 1,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosourea plus temozolomide: a North American Brain Tumor Consortium study.
- A pilot study of whole body hyperthermia and carboplatin in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.
- Modulation of VP-16 cytotoxicity by carboplatin and 41.8 degrees C hyperthermia.
- Late recurrence of a primitive neuro-ectodermal tumor.
- Pineal sarcoma.
- Trastuzumab for breast cancer-related carcinomatous meningitis.
- A Systemic Hyperthermia Oncologic Working Group trial. Ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide combined with 41.8 degrees C whole-body hyperthermia for metastatic soft tissue sarcoma.
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Medical Oncology; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine
Dr. H Ian Robins MD PHD's Practice location
Dr. H Ian Robins MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Robins
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
Radiotherapy is a treatment that involves high-energy X-rays or particles, which kill cancerous cells. It is sometimes used to treat non-cancerous tumors. Studies have shown that almost half of people with cancer receive radiotherapy as a part of their treatment plan.The type of radiotherapy to be...
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the major treatments for any type of cancer. It is a procedure that uses high energy particles such as gamma rays, protons, electrons, x-rays, and electron beams to destroy cancer cells. Other names for radiation therapy include x-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or...
- Dr. Richard A. Steeves MD PHD600 Highland Avenue Madison Wisconsin 53792
- Dr. Kevin R. Kozak MD, PHD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Michelle Mary kolton Mackay M.D.1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449
- Dr. Peter A Mahler MD PHD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Steven P Howard MD PHD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Mark A Ritter MD PHD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792