Dr. Candace Downing is an internist practicing in Harlingen, TX. Dr. Downing specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Downing provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ Of N Tx Hlth Sci Ctr- Tx Coll Osteo Med- Ft Worth Tx 1987
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Texas Tech Hlth Scis Ctr
- Texas Tech University (Amarillo) Health Sciences Center Program
Dr. Candace L. Downing D.O.'s Practice location
Harlingen, TX 78550Get Direction
Dr. Candace L. Downing D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Stiff Neck Serious?
Somebody calls you from behind and you turn your whole body instead of your neck? This is a clear sign of stiff neck! Most of us would have been in that awkward situation where you wish that you need not move that delicate part of your body. Issues with the neck arise mostly during physical...
- How to Identify Insect Bites and Stings
The cause or severity of insect bites or stings can be determined by the symptoms. Most bug bite symptoms cause itchy or painful red bumps. Other insect bites can cause welts or blisters. The following are some clues of common insect bites:...
- Is Chocolate Good for Us?
Is Chocolate Good for Us?I will not stop eating or drooling over chocolates even if somebody tells me that it will kill me! I will still love and crave it. Is there a disease for where chocolate is the treatment? Guess I wouldn’t mind having that! I just can’t compare the happiness that I get...
- How Is Shingles Treated?
Shingles, or herpes zoster, refers to the painful skin rashes caused by the varicella zoster virus. In this condition, a band of rashes usually appears in a small area on the face or body. This infection is very common in people who have a weak immune system due to various reasons. Older adults are...
- What Causes Blisters and How to Get Rid of a Blister
Blisters can occur for numerous reasons. Although they are not often serious, the appearance of blisters itself can be very off-putting. A blister is a fluid-filled bubble that develops under the skin. The watery liquid under the blister is often clear, which is called serum.When blisters break, the...
- Shapewear Garments May Help to Burn More Calories
A new study has shown that women who wear tight shapewear garments during a workout will burn more calories compared to women who do not. The researchers from the University of Virginia say that these garments makes the muscles work harder and burn more calories.In this study, 15 women with the...
- Dr. Ivette Yolanda Mercado MD1706 Treasure Hills Blvd Harlingen TX 78550
- Dr. Claudia C. Pierson M.D.6912 North Peking Street McAllen Texas 78504
- Dr. Mogbolahan Martin Kuye MD2401 N Ed Carey Dr Harlingen TX 78550
- Dr. Shridhar Kotta M.D.512 Victoria Lane Harlingen TX 78550
- Dr. Julio A Savinon M.D.902 S Airport Dr Weslaco TX 78596
- Dr. Robert Sepulveda M.D.901 E 6th St Weslaco TX 78596