Dr. Kim D Lu M.D.
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC, 27514
Dr. Kim Lu practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Lu treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Sex Differences in the Relationship between Fitness and Obesity on Risk for Asthma in Adolescents.
- Glucocorticoid receptor expression on circulating leukocytes differs between healthy male and female adults.
- Glucocorticoid receptor expression on circulating leukocytes in healthy and asthmatic adolescents in response to exercise.
Dr. Kim D Lu M.D.'s Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
ORANGE, CA 92868Get Direction
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What Is an Antitussive?
A cough is described as a sudden explosive exhalation of air. It is basically a body's defense mechanism to protect and clear the airways from inhaled foreign materials. People may also voluntarily or spontaneously cough. Coughs often vary and may be characterized by productive (chesty or wet) or...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- Croup and Epiglottitis: What’s Their Difference?
Croup and epiglottitis are two conditions involving the anatomical structures located in the throat. These two conditions are almost similar because their symptoms replicate one another. Croup and epiglottitis enable a child to have breathing difficulties. Both are infectious conditions; however,...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- Dr. Timothy John Vece M.D.450 MACNIDER, CB # 7217 CHAPEL HILL NC 27599
- Dr. Marianne S Muhlebach MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. William Adam Gower MD101 Manning Drive Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. James S Hagood MD101 Manning Drive Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Stephanie D. Davis MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Marianna M Henry MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599