Dr. Dory Sherwood is a cardiologist practicing in El Paso, TX. Dr. Sherwood specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sherwood also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1982
New York University School of Medicine 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Cardiovascular Diseases; Nyu Downtown Hosp, Internal Medicine; Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Internal Medicine
- Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth) Program
Dory Sherwood M.D.'s Practice location
El Paso, TX 79912Get Direction
Dory Sherwood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Ventricular Tachycardia?
Tachycardia refers to rapid heartbeat, with more than 100 beats per minute. When this fast rhythm starts from the lower chambers of the heart (the ventricles) this condition is referred to as ventricular tachycardia. This fast beating heart rate may lead to a condition called ventricular...
- The Correlation Between Height and Heart Disease Risk
The New England Journal of Medicine recently published research linking height and coronary artery disease through the study of genetics. Doctors have known since the 1950s about the link between short stature and coronary artery disease, “but the reason behind this really hasn’t been completely...
- Using Losartan in Treating Hypertension
Unfortunately, there is an increasing prevalence of hypertension, which is the term used to indicate high blood pressure with a reading of 140/90 mm Hg or higher. It is being blamed on living a modern lifestyle, the frequency of alcohol and tobacco intake, certain physical activities, and processed...
- What Is a Stent?
A stent is an expandable metal tube that is used to treat weak arteries. These stents help in opening up arteries that are narrowed down by the accumulation of plaques. Implantation of the tube helps in reducing the constriction of blood flow in the affected region. The metal mesh is implanted...
- What Are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) is a condition that affects the upper chambers of the heart, also known as the atria.In a healthy human heart, the electrical impulses pass through the atria through a contraction to the ventricles and fibers to complete a...
- Alternative Treatments for Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive heart failure is a serious heart condition where the heart cannot pump the required amount of blood needed for the body’s circulatory system. Prevention is the most important step for congestive heart failure, and this can be achieved through a healthy diet and lifestyle. If the usual...
- Stanley Charles Wagner5001 N Piedras Street El Paso Texas 79930
- Omosalewa O. Lalude M.D.4801 Alberta Ave El Paso TX 79905
- Edward Ralph Assi D.O.1700 Cliff, El Paso TX 79902
- David C. Gough MD1250 E Cliff Dr El Paso TX 79902
- Michael Edward Gutierrez MD4301 N Mesa St El Paso TX 79902
- Oscar C Munoz MD11551 Cedar Oak Dr El Paso TX 79936