Dr. Erik Shelstad is a family practitioner practicing in Montevideo, MN. Dr. Shelstad specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Shelstad possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1997
University of Mn Med Sch 1997
University of Minnesota Medical School 1997
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Vascular Disease
- St Luke'S Hosp, Family Medicine; D D Eisenhower Army Med Ctr, General Surgery
- St Luke's Hospital Program
Dr. Erik J Shelstad M.D,'s Practice location
Montevideo, MN 56265Get Direction
DAWSON, MN 56232Get Direction
Dr. Erik J Shelstad M.D,'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tramadol Used For?
Tramadol, sold under the brand name "Ultram" in the United States, is a synthetic opioid analgesic used to manage moderate to moderately-severe pain. It is generally used to relieve pain as that experienced during chronic conditions like arthritis or after surgery. Tramadol Hcl 50 mg also arrives in...
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- The History of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Introduction Rheumatoid arthritis causes inflammation of the joints and other body areas. It is an autoimmune disease and its symptoms include:...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Dr. Brendon M Cullinan M.D.4209 Webber Pkwy Minneapolis MN 55412
- Dr. Ralph Leonard Gerbig M.D.1272 Walnut St Dawson MN 56232
- Dr. Nicholas David donham Krueger M.D.824 N 11th St Montevideo MN 56265
- Dr. Arthur J Rillo MD295 10th Ave Granite Falls MN 56241
- Dr. Frank S Brathen M.D.824 N 11th St Montevideo MN 56265
- Dr. Joseph Berdecia-rodriguez MD-PHD1282 Walnut St Dawson MN 56232