Dr. Ekaterini Karatza is an ophthalmologist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Karatza specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Karatza can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Karatza can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Thraki, Med Section, Alexandroupolis, Greece MD
Aristotle University Of Thessaloniki School Of Medicine 1992
Medical Section University Of Thraki 1992
Demokritos University of Thrace Department of Medicine
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Ophthalmology; Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Ekaterini C Karatza MD's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45242Get Direction
Dr. Ekaterini C Karatza MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Would Need Laser Eye Surgery
Fast on the heels of FDA approval, the passage of nearly two decades has seen Lasik eye surgery (laser in situ keratomileusis), assuming the number one spot in elective surgical procedures opted by the American public. Lasik has redefined eye care by surgically reshaping the cornea of the eye in...
- Signs and Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
There are many causes of conjunctivitis such as:...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- Abbot Gregory Spaulding7815 Beechmont Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45255
- Dr. William Michael Gaynier D.O10129 Springbeauty Ln Cincinnati OH 45231
- Dr. Philip J Poon M.D.1577b Goodman Ave Cincinnati OH 45224
- Dr. Michael Prokopius MD, MBA2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Dr. Hisham H Arar MD4760 Red Bank Rd Cincinnati OH 45227
- Dr. William J Faulkner MD1945 Cei Dr Cincinnati OH 45242