Dr. Maury Steinkirchner is a speech language pathologist practicing in LEVITTOWN, PA. Dr. Steinkirchner specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Steinkirchner evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Steinkirchner helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Maury Steinkirchner M.S.CCC-SLP's Practice location
LEVITTOWN, PA 19056Get Direction
Mrs. Maury Steinkirchner M.S.CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Emma Petrucci14500 BUSTLETON AVE PHILADELPHIA PA 19116
- Christina Hansen M.A., CCC-SLP5 EVES DR STE 160 MARLTON NJ 08053
- Deborah Jill Chitester MS CCC SLP107 NEWMAN CT PENNINGTON NJ 08534
- Ms. Samantha Lane Milner M.A. SLP, CCC683 KILLDEER LN HUNTINGDON VALLEY PA 19006
- Ms. Nancy E Gisondi4641 ROOSEVELT BLVD PHILADELPHIA PA 19124
- Zoe Argyres Hunter M.S.-CCC/SLP213 E FIEDLER RD AMBLER PA 19002