Dr. Frank Costa is a urologist practicing in Monroeville, PA. Dr. Costa specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1980
University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus 1980
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1980
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Barrier-free environments for older americans.
- [Non-contraceptive benefits of contraception].
- No-scalpel vasectomy (NSV) procedure and nursing care.
- [Study of helminth infestation of the fifth aerial zone].
- [Skin tests in asthma].
- Synthesis and evaluation of novel bioactive composite starch/bioactive glass microparticles.
- Entrapment ability and release profile of corticosteroids from starch-based microparticles.
- Managing enlarged prostate in primary care.
- Lomefloxacin prophylaxis in visual laser ablation of the prostate.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate
- Bladder Cancer
- Genital Warts
- Inguinal Hernia
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Urology; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Frank Joseph Costa M.D.'s Practice location
Monroeville, PA 15146Get Direction
Dr. Frank Joseph Costa M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Costa
- When Should You See a Urologist?
What is a urologist?A urologist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract diseases in both men and women. Urologists also deal with any problems involving the male reproductive system. They also perform surgery in some cases, such as opening up a urinary tract...
- Your Guide to Using Valtrex
Valtrex is the name of the drug that contains valacyclovir. It is prescribed for many infections caused by the herpes virus, which includes cold sores, genital herpes, and shingles. Herpes virus can appear on any part of the body, but most often, it shows in the genitals and mouth. There are two...
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- What Is Dysuria: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or discomfort while urinating. This painful, burning sensation is commonly associated with urinary tract infections, which are usually caused by bacteria. Dysuria is also a common symptom of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) and...
- Is Blood In My Urine An Indication Of Cancer?
Blood in the urine can't necessarily be assumed to be a typical case of a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Our immediate reaction may be to undergo a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, and the problem may only vanish to reappear on another day.The underlying condition producing blood in...
- What Is an Epididymal Cyst?
OverviewAn epididymal cyst or a spermatocele is a benign cyst that usually develops in the epididymis. The epididymis is a long, coiled tube that collects, stores, and transports sperm from the testes. Approximately 30 percent of males develop this condition in their lives.Another term for an...
- Dr. Lei Chu M.D.3471 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Christopher J. Chermansky MD4228 Houma Blvd Metairie LA 70006
- Dr. Michelle Jo Semins MD1350 Locust Street Pittsburgh PA 15219
- Dr. Francis X Schneck MD1 Childrens Hospital Dr Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Dr. Benjamin J. Davies M.D.1600 Divisadero St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Michael Cecil Ost MD3471 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213