Dr. Ritesh D. Kaushal, MD
Neurologist | Vascular Neurology3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis MO, 63110
Dr. Ritesh Kaushal practices Neuropathology in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Kaushal studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Diltiazem potentiates angiotensin II-mediated renal prostacyclin synthesis.
- Diltiazem increases renal prostacyclin.
- Prostaglandins, the kidney, and hypertension.
- Effect of furegrelate on renal plasma flow after angiotensin II infusion.
- Right-sided aorta with complete isolation of the left innominate artery.
- Thromboxane synthase inhibition enhances furosemide-induced renal vasodilation.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Saint Louis University Hospital Stroke/Neurocritical Care
- Saint Louis University Hospital interventional Neurology
Dr. Ritesh D. Kaushal, MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Hialeah, FL 33016Get Direction
Dr. Ritesh D. Kaushal, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kaushal
Get to know Neurologist Dr. Ritesh D. Kaushal, who serves patients in Hialeah, Florida.
A competent neurologist, Dr. Kaushal practices at Steward Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida. He specializes in cerebrovascular disease, occlusion precerebral artery disease, congenital heart disease, headache & migraine, epilepsy, and nervous system disorders.
Palmetto General Hospital is part of the Advanced Neuroscience Network, a system of medical professionals and hospitals focused on providing a full continuum of neurological care throughout South Florida. This network gives Palmetto General access to a vast resource of knowledge and experience, to ensure the best results for neurology care.
A native of India, Dr. Kaushal earned his medical degree from Topiwala National Medical College. Upon graduation, he relocated to the United States and completed his internship at the Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital. He then went on to complete his residency in neurology at the University of Chicago Medical Center, followed by two consecutive fellowships in stroke/neurocritical care and interventional neurology at Saint Louis University Hospital.
As a testament of his continued education, he is board-certified in neurology by the the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, which is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting high-quality patient care for the public through the initial and continuing certification of psychiatrists and neurologists.
Neurology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the nervous system. Neurologists are licensed medical specialists who diagnose and treat disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles of patients. They examine a patient’s mental and physical status, conduct medical tests and scans, and evaluate the results to diagnose and treat the patient.
On a more personal note, Dr. Kaushal is fluent in both English and Marathi.
- An Innovation in Alzheimer's That Is Still Under Used
In November 2017, Bill Gates announced his significant investment of 100 million USD to support the efforts in finding the drugs that could help to understand Alzheimer’s disease. Gates pointed out that this investment would help to fund the analysis of the massive amounts of data that has been...
- What Is Central Vertigo?
Types of VertigoWhen the world seems as though it is spinning, without cause, it is time to check with a doctor. There are two common forms of vertigo; central and peripheral....
- Veteran's Son with Muscular Dystrophy Gets A Generous Donation From "Warriors in the Field"
Like so many young boys out there, 13-year-old Braden Allen loved nothing more than to climb the family hunting blind and spend the day outdoors with his father. Unfortunately, after a diagnosis of muscular dystrophy, that hobby and the wonderful bonding time had to be set aside. ...
- Brain Cells Can Revamp DNA, Possibly Causing Alzheimer’s Disease
The neurons in the brain can interchange and alter genes, scientists have found. This interference can expand what the brain’s proteins can do, but it also might be a reason for Alzheimer’s. ...
- What Is Hemicrania Continua?
IntroductionHemicrania continua is a rare and severe form of daily headaches. It is a continuous headache disorder, which is known to affect more women than men. It is a primary headache disorder, which means that an underlying cause has already been ruled out by carefully examining the medical...
- Study Shows Parkinson’s and ALS are More Common in White Collar Jobs
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive illness of the brain that affects ability to move because it causes the muscles to lose control. Early signs of Parkinson’s include tremors, difficulty in walking and even just standing, speech alterations, movements, stooped posture, and changes in...
- Dr. Wegdan Andrews MD111 St. Luke’s Center Drive Saint Louis Missouri 63131
- Dr. John Morris M.D.4488 Forest Park Ave St. Louis MO 63108
- Dr. William Elliot Rosenfeld M.D.222 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Todd Brook Silverman M.D.232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Matthew B Harms MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Susan Maxine Lippmann M.D.222 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017