Dr. Rachel L Epstein-fargason MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry619 19th Street South Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Rachel Epstein-fargason is a psychiatrist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Epstein-fargason is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Epstein-fargason diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Epstein-fargason may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Epstein-fargason treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1987
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- The changing academic health center. The death of the traditional academic physician.
- Adults with ADHD-without insomnia history have subclinical sleep disturbance but not circadian delay: an ADHD phenotype?
- Delayed sleep timing and symptoms in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a controlled actigraphy study.
- Complete sleep-wake cycle reversal related to ADHD detected by actigraphy.
- Delayed-onset of psychopharmacologically induced priapism: A cautionary case report.
- A Review of Psychopharmacological Interventions Post-Disaster to Prevent Psychiatric Sequelae.
- Reversible Encephalopathy due to Valproic Acid Induced Hyperammonemia in a Patient with Bipolar I Disorder: A Cautionary Report.
- Dextromethorphan in Cough Syrup: The Poor Man's Psychosis.
- Sensory Reduction on the General Milieu of a High-Acuity Inpatient Psychiatric Unit to Prevent Use of Physical Restraints: A Successful Open Quality Improvement Trial.
- Psychosis as a sequelae of paraneoplastic syndrome in Small- Cell Lung Carcinoma: A psycho-neuroendocrine interface.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults: diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Psychiatry
Dr. Rachel L Epstein-fargason MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Rachel L Epstein-fargason MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Epstein-fargason
- Is Schizophrenia a Genetic Disorder?
The organic studies of schizophrenia outnumber, by far, the psychological ones.The quantity of these works and the variety of directions that they have taken reveal that no breakthrough has been made. Even in fields like genetics and biochemistry where some evidence of the organic nature of...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- What Is Antisocial Personality Disorder?
Antisocial Personality DisorderAntisocial personality disorder, also called sociopathy, is a type of personality disorder that is characterized by irresponsible, criminal, and impulsive behavior. A person with antisocial personality disorder is often reckless, dishonest, and manipulative with no...
- What Are the Types of Hallucinations?
Hallucinations are when you perceive something in the absence of an external stimulus. For example, you may hear someone speaking to you even when there is no one around you within your hearing distance. Hallucinations are not just hearing things; it could be of different types. This article is...
- Can Schizophrenia Be Treated?
Schizophrenia is a severe disorder of the mind that requires lifelong treatment. An individual suffering from this disorder is not able to identify the difference between what actually exists and what is in their mind. This disorder has an adverse effect on the way an individual thinks and reacts to...
- Raising a Child with ADHD
Every parent wants their kids to be as healthy as they can. However, that is not always so easy.ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is a worry on many parents' minds. Raising a child with ADHD takes extra care. However, there are many ways to still be a great parent to ensure your...
- Dr. Arthur Freeman M.D.601 Beacon Parkway West Birmingham AL 35223
- Badari Birur721 Liberty Lake Drive Vestavia Hills Alabama 35242
- Dr. Joel Julian MD2200 Lakeshore Drive Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Kisani Bersbach Ogwaro M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Patrick Conan Tapia M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Erin E Hanover MD200 Chase Park South Birmingham AL 35244