Dr. Janet Diaz-troncoso is a speech language pathologist practicing in HATO REY, PR. Dr. Diaz-troncoso specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Diaz-troncoso evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Diaz-troncoso helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Miss Janet Diaz-troncoso S-LP's Practice location
HATO REY, PR 00917Get Direction
Miss Janet Diaz-troncoso S-LP's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Melissa Del rosario Ruiz MS SLPF34 CALLE GUILLERMINA BAYAMON PR 00957
- Ms. Celimar Rodriguez MARD. 3 KM 27.0 RIO GRANDE PR 00745
- Miss Ana Cristina Morales MS CCC SLPAVE CASA LINDA EDIF CLAG GUAYNABO PR 00966
- Jessica L Sepulveda M.S.AE14 CALLE RIO HUMACAO BAYAMON PR 00961
- Mrs. Magdali Morales142 URB LA SERRANIA CAGUAS PR 00725
- Ingrid Santisteban jimenez SLPFF3 CALLE POPPY SAN JUAN PR 00926