Dr. Barbara Keenan is a physiatrist practicing in Lebanon, PA. Dr. Keenan is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Keenan focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Keenan can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1980
University of California 1980
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Chronic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back Pain
- Abnormal Gait
- Jfk Med Ctr, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Kttc Med Ctr Keesler, General Surgery
- Keesler Medical Center Program
Dr. Barbara F Keenan MD's Practice location
Lebanon, PA 17042Get Direction
Bellefonte, PA 16823Get Direction
Dr. Barbara F Keenan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Tips on Living with Lower Back Pain
There are a variety of causes as to why you are experiencing lower back pain. Back pain may result from underlying health conditions such as connective tissue diseases, which include different types of arthritis, fibromyalgia syndrome, or sciatica (nerve root pain). Lower back pain can also be...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- When to See Your Doctor About Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people visit their doctor is their back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 8 out of 10 people have some type of back pain. The pain originates in the spine and can manifest in multiple forms. The...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Everett C Hills MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Stacy M Stark DO500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Stuart A Hartman DOFourth And Willow Streets Lebanon PA 17046
- Dr. Tony T Ton-that MD1671 Crooked Oak Dr Lancaster PA 17601
- Dr. Yevgeny Zadov D.O.295 E Meadow Avenue East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. William A. Pomilla M.D.175 Lancaster Blvd Mechanicsburg PA 17055