Health care leader whose mission is to keep you healthy. Under-one-roof convenience, 24-hour advice nurse, and online access to manage your health - anytime.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1984
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Family Medicine
Dr. Joseph P. Matista MD's Practice location
Dr. Joseph P. Matista MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Matista
- When to See Your Doctor About Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people visit their doctor is their back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 8 out of 10 people have some type of back pain. The pain originates in the spine and can manifest in multiple forms. The...
- How to Get Rid of a Boil: Homeopathic Treatment and Prevention
IntroductionA small bump on any part of the body is always a troublesome affair. Has anyone wondered whether it is just a boil or a pimple? Although the two often look so similar, they are actually two different things. A pimple and a boil may start out similarly, wherein there would be a reddish...
- Who is Likely to Become Obese?
Obesity and being overweight have no boundaries. In America people of all ages, gender and ethnic and racial groups have been affected. This problem has been in existence for over 30 years and is growing.AdultsIn 2009 to 2010, almost 70 percent of Americans were obese or overweight according to the...
- Mesenteric Adenitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Mesenteric adenitis is the inflammation of the lymph nodes present in the mesentery, which is the membrane that attaches the small intestine to the abdominal cavity wall. It usually causes abdominal pain, especially in children and teenagers. Lymph nodes contain lymphocytes, which are...
- Did You Know That Bactrim Can Treat Multiple Infections?
Bacteria are microorganisms that thrive in the environment, but they are not always harmful. There are a number of vital functions that are performed by bacteria, which are essential for our day-to-day living. However, sometimes, these bacteria may leave harmful strains on or inside our body. When...
- Can My Period Be the Cause of My Anemia?
Anemia is sometimes more commonly referred to as low iron because its root cause is less iron being produced by the body. There are staggering numbers of people increasing in the world every year who are under the torment of this notorious disease. The basic dysfunction starts within the red blood...
- Stephen J Rohrer D.O.6699 Alvarado Road San Diego CA 92120
- Rebeccah Rhenae Rodriguez D.O.4010 Sorrento Valley Blvd San Diego CA 92121
- Scott Randall Evans M.D.6699 Alvarado Road San Diego CA 92120
- Dr. Douglas Dean Dengerink D.O.6699 Alvarado Rd San Diego CA 92120
- Dr. Michelle L Look MD6699 Alvarado Road San Diego CA 92120
- Dr. Lee P Ralph MD6699 Alvarado Rd San Diego CA 92120