Dr. Sheila Town is an ophthalmologist practicing in Sunnyvale, CA. Dr. Town specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Town can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Town can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
University of Iowa Medical School MD
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Dr. Sheila Town M.D.'s Practice location
Sunnyvale, CA 94087Get Direction
Dr. Sheila Town M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea?
Rosacea is a very common skin condition that frequently affects people aged above 30 years. It produces redness on your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Although it commonly affects women, more severe symptoms occur in males. Approximately 16 million people are affected in the United States alone, and it...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- What is Keratoconus?
Keratoconus is a non-inflammatory disorder of the eye where the cornea bulges outward like a cone. Thinning and bulging of cornea may result in blurring of vision and make the eye more sensitive to light. This disorder is seen in both the eyes and is common in people from 10-years-old to...
- Rosacea: What is Light Therapy and Why is it Used?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that mainly affects women past their 30s. According to the National Rosacea Society, approximately 16 million people in the US alone are affected with rosacea. It is a very common problem, especially among fair-skinned people. Rosacea causes redness over your...
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- Dr. Rona Zel Silkiss M.D.400 29th Street Oakland California 94609
- Dr. Randal Pham M.D.989 Story Road San Jose California 95122
- Dr. Kimberly P. Cockerham MD36 W YOKUTS AVE Stockton CA 95207
- Dr. James D. Palmer MD200 Jose Figueres Avenue, Suite 415 San Jose California 95116
- Dr. Joseph Decker M.D.100 N Winchester Blvd Santa Clara CA 95050
- Dr. Gurunadh Atmaram Vemulakonda MD325 9th Ave Seattle WA 98104