Dr. Harry J. Gould MD
Pain Management Specialist | Pain Medicine1450 Poydras St New Orleans LA, 70112
Dr. Harry Gould practices Pain Medicine in New Orleans, LA. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Gould serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 1990
- Neuropathic pain.
- A possible role for zonisamide in treating neuropathic pain: a case of idiopathic polyneuropathy.
- Permanent neurologic symptoms after prolonged epidural analgesia.
- Management of painful neuropathies.
- Medications of abuse in pain management.
- Ranolazine attenuates behavioral signs of neuropathic pain.
- Ranolazine attenuation of CFA-induced mechanical hyperalgesia.
- Insulin is essential for the recovery from allodynia induced by complete Freund's adjuvant.
- Measurement of CFA-induced hyperalgesia and morphine-induced analgesia in rats: dorsal vs plantar mechanical stimulation of the hindpaw.
- Morphine-induced cognitive impairment is attenuated by induced pain in rats.
- Regulation and pharmacological blockade of sodium-potassium ATPase: a novel pathway to neuropathy.
- Ranolazine attenuates mechanical allodynia associated with demyelination injury.
- Hydrocodone extended-release: pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics and behavioral
- A plea for rational mitigation of poor outcomes in the 'off-label use' of medications for the management of pain.
- Response to letter to the editor: Reversal by ranolazine of doxorubicin-induced prolongation in the inactivation of late sodium current in rat dorsal root ganglion neurons.
- Critical appraisal of extended-release hydrocodone for chronic pain: patient considerations.
- Chronic Daily Headache: Mechanisms and Principles of Management.
- Ranolazine: A potential treatment for refractory neuropathic pain.
- La State Univ Sch Of Med, Neurology Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Neurology
Dr. Harry J. Gould MD's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70112Get Direction
Dr. Harry J. Gould MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gould
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is Shingles?
What are shingles?Shingles is a painful rash in the skin caused by the chicken pox virus, varicella-zoster. This skin condition usually appears in the form of a band, strip, or a small area in the body. Shingles is sometimes referred to as herpes zoster. ...
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
IntroductionThe main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling...
- 5 Studies on Fibromyalgia
Up to now, there has been no universally acknowledged cure for fibromyalgia. The number of symptoms constantly bothering a person with this syndrome can sometimes lead to anxiety and depression. Given that only less than 10% of people are recorded to have fibromyalgia, patients with this condition...
- U15 Pill
IntroductionThe U15 pill is a white-colored capsule-shaped pill with an imprint of "U15". It is known to contain the active ingredients acetaminophen in the strength of 325 mg and oxycodone hydrochloride in the strength of 5 mg.This medicine is manufactured by the company Aurolife Pharma LLC. It is...
- Conditions Treated by Pain Management Doctors
IntroductionChronic pain can disrupt people's lives, their ability to work, sleep, and other activities spent with friends and family. When chronic pain interferes with the quality of life and standard treatments such as pain relievers do not work, pain management doctors can help.There are a number...
- Dr. Mordecai Potash M.D.1440 Canal St New Orleans LA 70112
- Mr. Eric Daniel Lonseth MD4200 Houma Blvd Metairie LA 70006
- Dr. Robert Carl Mcmyne M.D.1401 Foucher St New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Michael Paul Zeringue M.D.3939 Houma Blvd Metairie LA 70006
- Dr. Joseph Crapanzano M.D.4500 Clearview Pkwy Metairie LA 70006
- Dr. Kevin R Martinez M.D.4500 Clearview Pkwy Metairie LA 70006