Dr. David Smith practices Emergency Medicine in La Jolla, CA. Dr. Smith assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Smith examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1978
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Ca Irvine Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Mercy St Vincent Medical Center/Mercy Health Partners Program
Dr. David Jay Smith M.D.'s Practice location
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
Dr. David Jay Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Dr. Andrew P. Desjardins M.D.7901 Frost Street San Diego California 92123
- Dr. Donald J Butera MD5555 Grossmont Center Drive La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Kenneth A. Schild M.D.10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Mark Vernon Olcott MDBldg H100, Santa Margarita Road Camp Pendleton CA 92055
- Dr. Laurance Davis Cracroft M.D.4077 Fifth Ave San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Vasiliki M Anvari M.D.250 Prospect Pl Coronado CA 92118