Dr. William Mott is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Mott specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Mott tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1988
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1988
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Wisconsin Program
Dr. William J Mott MD's Practice location
Madison, WI 53715Get Direction
Dr. William J Mott MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mott
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- Recovery from Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually done to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This ligament is one of the most important parts of the hand. It holds the bones and muscles of your hand together, which means that once it is severed, then your hand loses a very important part, and regaining its previous...
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- What Is Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Total knee arthroplasty (TKA), also known as total knee replacement, is a surgical procedure in which parts of the knee joint are replaced with artificial parts or prostheses.A normal knee usually functions as the hinge joint located between the lower leg bones (tibia) and the upper leg bone...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Dr. David C Goodspeed MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. John P Heiner MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. James J Prosser DO1821 S Stoughton Rd Madison WI 53716
- Dr. Jason M Sansone MDUw Hospital & Clinics Madison WI 53792
- Dr. John Stephen Badylak M.D.2 Science Court Madison WI 53711
- Dr. Kurt M Rongstad MD1 S Park St Madison WI 53715