Dr. Piotr Olkowski MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry216 Lafayette St Suite 238 Schenectady NY, 12305
Dr. Piotr Olkowski is a psychiatrist practicing in Schenectady, NY. Dr. Olkowski is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Olkowski diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Olkowski may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Olkowski treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Akademia Med W Warszawie 1983
Naval Academy of Medicine 1991
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Albert Einstein Med Ctr, Geriatric Psychiatry; Temple Univ Hosp, Psychiatry; Trenton Psych Hosp, Psychiatry
- Jacobi Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine Program
Dr. Piotr Olkowski MD's Practice location
Schenectady, NY 12305Get Direction
Mount Sinai, NY 11766Get Direction
Dr. Piotr Olkowski MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Olkowski
- What Is Venlafaxine: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage, and Interactions
Generic Name: VenlafaxineBrand Name(s): Effexor, Effexor XRIntroductionVenlafaxine belongs to the class of selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), which are used for the treatment of anxiety, panic disorder, and major depressive disorder. This medication works by...
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- Nymphomania: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
Nymphomania is a mental disorder. The person shows characteristic compulsive sexual behavior. Compulsive means unwanted actions and rituals. The person repeatedly engages in it without getting any pleasure out of it, or the person is unable to control the behaviors. A person with nymphomania acts...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- How Is Schizophrenia Diagnosed?
The typical cases of schizophrenia are easy to diagnose. The difficult to diagnose are those belonging to an ill-defined group that includes the so-called latent cases, borderline, character disorder, quasi-psychotic psychopaths, severe personality difficulties, and so on. The diagnosis made in...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Dr. Zana Dobroshi MD415 Central Park West New York New York 10025
- Dr. Khalid Elnagar M.D.2712 W Arlington Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. William Frederick Cox MD834 Worcester Dr Schenectady NY 12309
- Dr. Philip N. Lister M.D.905 5th Avenue New York New York 10021
- Dr. Michael Edward Sabatino MD10 - 42 Mitchell Avenue Binghamton NY 13903
- Dr. Mohamad Al-rashdan M.D1901 First Ave New York NY 10029