Dr. Kimberly Gomez is a speech language pathologist practicing in BRANDON, FL. Dr. Gomez specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Gomez evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Gomez helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Kimberly Anne Gomez M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
BRANDON, FL 33511Get Direction
Kimberly Anne Gomez M.S. CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Alison Brothers M.A. CCC SLP8800 GRAND OAK CIRCLE TAMPA FL 33637
- Mrs. Katie Lynne Smith MS, CCC-SLP701 VICTORIA ST BRANDON FL 33510
- Miss Jennifer Marie Martin M.S., CF-SLP3105 W WATERS AVE TAMPA FL 33614
- Mrs. Marla Jane Marks M.S/SLP3228 CORDOBA RANCH BLVD. LUTZ FL 33559
- Mrs. Janice Sloan hacker SLP16001 LAKESHORE VILLA DR TAMPA FL 33613
- Mrs. Andrea Nicole Mcnamara CF-SLP, M.S.2701 N ROCKY POINT DR TAMPA FL 33607