Dr. Maria Chirino-socias is a rheumatologist practicing in San Juan, PR. Dr. Chirino-socias specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Chirino-socias treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Dr. Maria Elena Chirino-socias MD's Practice location
San Juan, PR 00924Get Direction
SAN JUAN, PR 00918Get Direction
Dr. Maria Elena Chirino-socias MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Peripheral Neuropathy in Adult Lupus Patients
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disease that has been affecting millions of people, both young and old worldwide. Numerous studies about this disease have been conducted by different academic, pharmaceutical, and medical organizations. Over the course of continuous and extensive...
- Complications of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic, autoimmune, inflammatory, and systemic disease affecting the joint’s synovial lining and other connective tissues as well. It’s a disease with a fluctuating course, with periods of active disease and, alternately, remission. Unlike osteoarthritis, RA does...
- Treatments for Back Pain
The aim of treatments for back pain is to relief pain and restore mobility. Adjusting your activities is the essential treatment for easing acute back pain caused by minor injury or strain. Back pain treatments are determined by the duration you have experienced the pain, the severity and your...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Toni Braxton Discusses How She Improves Her Quality of Life with Lupus on Coast Live
In 2008, Singer Toni Braxton collapsed as she was performing on stage in Las Vegas. She was rushed to the emergency room where doctors originally thought she had suffered from a heart attack, however, tests revealed that the microvalves and small blood vessels in her heart were not receiving enough...
- 27-Year-Old Learning to Love Life After Harrowing Illness
For 23 years now, Sarah Hughes has been battling a debilitating autoimmune disease known as systemic idiopathic juvenile arthritis (SIJA). SIJA affects multiple organs and systems in the body. It can occur at any time throughout childhood, although it generally starts before the age of 5. In almost...
- Dr. Oscar Soto raices MD652 Ave. Munoz Rivera San Juan PR 00918
- Dr. Marcos Estrada M.D.University District Hospital San Juan PR 00922
- Dr. Yesenia D Santiago M.D.Cond. Tropical Courts San Juan PR 00926
- Dr. Antonio R Morales-lopez M.D.55 Calle Saturno - El Verde Caguas PR 00725
- Dr. Jose Javier Cruz-lozano MD10 Casia St San Juan PR 00921
- Dr. Annette Martinez M.D.735 Ponce De Leon Ave San Juan PR 00917