Dr. Christine Gilkerson is an internist practicing in Huntington, WV. Dr. Gilkerson specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Gilkerson provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Marshall Univ Sch of Med, Huntington Wv 2001
Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Marshall Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Marshall University School Of Med
- Marshall University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Christine L Gilkerson MD's Practice location
Huntington, WV 25701Get Direction
Dr. Christine L Gilkerson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilkerson
- How Much Can We Tell About a Person From Their Appearance?
Ever heard of the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover"? You might want to rethink it. This new study that includes more than 100 college students argues that looking at a person's appearance can help understand a few of their personality traits. The college students that participated in the...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- What Is Chronic Sinusitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
IntroductionChronic sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that tend to persist for 12 weeks or more, despite treatment attempts. Another term for chronic sinusitis is chronic rhinosinusitis, which causes mucus buildup due to an impaired drainage of the sinuses. People with chronic sinusitis...
- Can Snacking Help Promote Weight Loss?
You may find yourself wondering how to maintain a healthy and slim physique without eliminating snacks. In the past, diet programs often eliminated snacking as the first and fastest way to reduce calories. Today, common knowledge is that snacks don't prevent weight loss if smart choices are made. In...
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- 7 Random Reasons for Irregular Periods
The menstrual cycle normally happens every month with a series of monthly changes that occur in a woman’s body in preparation for the chance of pregnancy. Every month, women go through the process of ovulation, wherein one ovary releases an egg. When the egg is not fertilized, the uterine lining...
- Dr. Sobia Yaqub M.D.8240 Northcreek Drive Cincinatti Oh 45236
- Dr. Subhash Kumar M.D.1656 13th Ave Huntington WV 25701
- Dr. Luay Mousa M.D.1340 Hal Greer Blvd Huntington WV 25701
- Dr. Roland E. Benton MD1005 E Ring Rd Ironton OH 45638
- Dr. Sara Catherine Allman MD1540 Spring Valley Dr Huntington WV 25704
- Dr. Dawn Lee Macfarland M.D.2240 5th Ave Huntington WV 25703