Dr. Christopher Straus is a radiologist practicing in Willowbrook, IL. Dr. Straus specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1992
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Maternal characteristics that predict a preference for mandatory adolescent HPV vaccination.
- Improved understanding of human anatomy through self-guided radiological anatomy modules.
- Direct correlation of radiologic and cadaveric structures in a gross anatomy course.
- The role of radiology in preclinical anatomy: a critical review of the past, present, and future.
- Learning objectives in radiology education: why you need them and how to write them.
- Driving deeper learning by assessment: an adaptation of the Revised Bloom's Taxonomy for medical imaging in gross anatomy.
- Now you see it, now you don't: visual illusions in radiology.
- Quantitative evaluation of internal marks made using MRgFUS as seen on MRI, CT, US, and digital color images - a pilot study.
- Needs Assessment for Standardized Medical Student Imaging Education: Review of the Literature and a Survey of Deans and Chairs.
- Surveying Fourth-Year Medical Students Regarding the Choice of Diagnostic Radiology as a Specialty.
- Student and recent graduate perspectives on radiological imaging instruction during basic anatomy courses.
- Angiography (angiogram), Musculoskeletal Imaging
- MemberAmer. College of Radiology
- Member RSNA
- Member Amer. Roentgen Ray Society
- Member AUR
- Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Diagnostic Radiology
- University Of Chicago Hosps
- University of Chicago Medical Center
Christopher M Straus MD's Practice location
Willowbrook, IL 60527Get Direction
Christopher M Straus MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Aneesa Majid M.D.7502 Greenville Ave Dallas Texas 75231
- Paramjit Chopra M.D.675 West North Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160
- Iftikhar Ahmad660 W Wayman St Chicago Illinois 60661
- David Yeh MD801 South Washington Street Naperville Illinois 60540
- John V. Courtney941 William Street River Forest Illinois 60305
- Barry D. Lessin MD200 N Berteau Ave Elmhurst IL 60126