Dr. Helen S Kao M.D.
Hospice and Palliative Care Specialist | Hospice and Palliative Medicine3260 Sacramento St Berkeley CA, 94702
Dr. Helen Kao is a hospice and palliative care specialist practicing in Berkeley, CA. Dr. Kao provides care to people who are seriously ill. As a hospice and palliative care specialist, Dr. Kao works to relieve the pain and suffering of people who have a severe medical condition and are in a critical state. Hospice and palliative care specialists try to improve the quality of life for a person who may not have much time left to live.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Effects of intermittency of feedback on a compensatory tracking task.
- The basal-level expression of the cytochrome P450(BM-1) gene is negatively affected by the bm1P1 gene of Bacillus megaterium.
- [Early treatment of 3d degree burns of the hand].
- The effects of hand-finger exercise on human handwriting performance.
- Visual-manual feedback mechanism in human vehicular performance.
- Visual operational feedback and design of vehicle front-end illumination for night driving performance.
- The surgical treatment of saddle nose.
- A 53-base-pair inverted repeat negatively regulates expression of the adjacent and divergently oriented cytochrome P450(BM-1) gene and its regulatory gene, bm1P1, in Bacillus megaterium.
- Iron and salicylate induction of cytochrome P450BM-1 in Bacillus megaterium.
- Cloning, expression, and catabolite repression of a gene encoding beta-galactosidase of Bacillus megaterium ATCC 14581.
- Ucsf Medical Center
- University of California, San Francisco 2004
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco 2006
- University California 2004
- UCSF Medical Center, Geriatrics 2007
- University California 2007
- UCSF Medical Center, Geriatrics 2007
Dr. Helen S Kao M.D.'s Practice location
Berkeley, CA 94702Get Direction
PORTLAND, OR 97239Get Direction
Dr. Helen S Kao M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kao
- What is Stress?
All of us have faced it at some time or the other, but what is it? Why and how does our body respond to it? Why is it not good for us? How can we control it?Stress is the word that refers to the overload of things that we find it difficult to manage in our life. This is a real challenge for our mind...
- Surgery for Cervical Cancer
The cervix is the lower region of the uterus – connecting the uterus to the vagina. Cervical cancer starts develop in the cells at the surface if the cervix. These changes in the cells happen gradually and can be detected through a Pap test. ...
- Brown Fat is Great Fat
Brown fat is a health-friendly fat that helps the body to burn calories, instead of storing the energy as fat. Typically, adults do not have a lot of brown fat. A new study suggests that heart hormones may stimulate the production of brown fat cells. Researchers conducted a study on animals and...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- All About Skin Abrasions
What is an abrasion?An abrasion is an open wound caused by the skin coming into contact with a rough surface, rubbing away the upper epidermal layer of the skin. The parts of the body that are more prone to abrasions are thin-skinned bony areas, such as the elbows, knees, ankles, shins, and upper...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Paul D Abramson M.D.450 Sutter Street San Francisco CA 94108
- Dr. Donna Eileen Foliart M.D.1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Melissa Goebel M.D.2200 Webster St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Sameera Rana M.D.5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich CT 06830
- Dr. Jeffrey Arthur Mandel M.D.2610 Woolsey St Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Alyssa C. Luddy MD75 Sylvan St Danvers MA 01923