Dr. Ronald Tompkins is a general surgeon practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Tompkins specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Tompkins provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1976
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa killing of Caenorhabditis elegans used to identify P.
- Management of burn wounds with prompt excision and immediate closure.
- Acute hand burns in children: management and long-term outcome based on a 10-year experience with 698 injured hands.
- Skin substitutes in burns.
- Melanin in the rat brain.
- The metabolic basis of the increase of the increase in energy expenditure in severely burned patients.
- Cutaneous burn injury alters relative tricarboxylic acid cycle fluxes in rat liver.
- A 15-year experience with varicella infections in a pediatric burn unit.
- A unique mechanism of desensitization to lipolysis mediated by beta(3)-adrenoceptor in rats with thermal injury.
- Measurement of muscle protein synthesis by positron emission tomography with L-[methyl-11C]methionine: effects of transamination and transmethylation.
- Low-dose inhaled nitric oxide in acutely burned children with profound respiratory failure.
- Management of severe toxic epidermal necrolysis in children.
- Long-term outcome of children surviving massive burns.
- Current expectations for survival in pediatric burns.
- Artificial skin.
- Mass Gen Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Ronald Gary Tompkins MD SCD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. Ronald Gary Tompkins MD SCD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- What Is Varicocelectomy Surgery?
Varicocelectomy is a surgical procedure that is mainly used to treat male infertility. This infertility in men is always as a result of varicocele. The aim of treating varicocele is to obstruct or hinder venous drainage to the testicles while maintaining the lymphatic drainage and arterial inflow....
- What is a Cholecystectomy Diet?
After your gallbladder has been removed, you may develop frequent loose or watery stool, which is a sign of diarrhea. In some cases, this diarrhea may last for a few weeks or even months. First, it is very important to understand why you are having diarrhea. Diarrhea which comes immediately after...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- Gayane Badalian-Very33 Sherman Road Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 2467
- Dr. Hany Magdy Takla M.D, MRCS955 Main St Winchester MA 01890
- Rita Sadowski M.D.14 Prospect Street Milford MA 01757
- Dr. Roselle Eisma Crombie M.D./M.P.H750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Christopher G Boyd M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Tara S Kent MD148 Chestnut St Needham MA 02492