Dr. Dagmary Purcell is a gastroenterologist practicing in San Juan, PR. Dr. Purcell specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Purcell performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Dagmary Purcell M.D.'s Practice location
San Juan, PR 00909Get Direction
HUMACAO, PR 00972Get Direction
Dr. Dagmary Purcell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Right Age to Consider a Colonoscopy
You might be considering having a colonoscopy. A colonoscopy is a diagnostic procedure used to see the inside of your rectum and colon. Doctors recommend a regular colonoscopy to screen individuals for colorectal cancer.Recent 2008 guidelines state that men and women over fifty years old should have...
- Anemia: Learning More About The Unfortunates
Anemia is a medical condition in which the count of red blood cells in the blood is lower than the normal number. This can occur due to many reasons such as deficiency of some vitamin, iron or it can also be hereditary. It is one of the most common disorders of blood and there are reports suggesting...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- How Is Acupuncture Used to Treat Crohn's Disease?
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition, which causes persistent inflammation of the patient’s intestinal tract, right from the mouth to rectum. This condition can develop anywhere in the intestines, usually in sites surrounded by healthy tissues, and can gradually spread deeper into the...
- What Are The Risk Factors Of A Colonoscopy?
Colonoscopy is a medical procedure and like all medical procedures, it may have its risks. For a vast majority of patients, the benefits far outweigh the risks and also much can be done to minimize the risks.About Colonoscopy The colonoscopy procedure involves the use of a thin and flexible camera...
- Dr. Juan R. Colon-pagan M.D400 Ave Fd Roosevelt San Juan PR 00918
- Dr. Jaime Martinez-souss M.D.328 De Diego Ave San Juan PR 00909
- Dr. Priscilla Magno M.D.1830 E Monument St Baltimore MD 21205
- Dr. Antonio Soto-Ramos710 OAK COMMONS BLVD KISSIMMEE FL 34741
- Dr. Emanuel Warrington M.D.517 street Balboa Townhouses Carolina PR 00985
- Dr. Wilfredo Pagani M.D.29 Calle Washington San Juan PR 00907