Dr. Muhammad Kamran MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1350 Cedar Ct Carbondale IL, 62901
Dr. Muhammad Kamran is a nephrologist practicing in Carbondale, IL. Dr. Kamran specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Kamran most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Clarian Indiana Univ Hosp, Nephrology; Monmouth Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Muhammad Kamran MD's Practice location
Carbondale, IL 62901Get Direction
Dr. Muhammad Kamran MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kamran
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- What Causes Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune ailment. This means that instead of your body’s regular defense system attacking viruses and bacteria, it destroys healthy tissues. This causes swelling. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain, ulcers in the...
- How Is Glomerulonephritis Diagnosed?
GlomerulonephritisGlomerulonephritis is the inflammation of kidney filters called glomeruli. These filters are made up of tiny blood vessels that help remove excess fluids, waste from the bloodstream, and electrolytes. This condition can happen on its own or may occur as part of chronic diseases,...
- What is a Cluster Headache?
Headaches that recur two to three times during a short period of time are known as cluster headaches. This may last for few weeks, to months. These headaches often occur after sleep and recur throughout the day. It usually appears during the same time of the year, or season of the year. It may...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Dr. Saeed Ahmed M.D.2401 W Main St Marion IL 62959
- Dr. Randy Gene Cowart M.D.1350 Cedar Ct Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Jignesh Shah M.D.3309 Logan Dr Herrin IL 62948
- Dr. Nhan Trong Luu M.D.1050 Linden Ave Long Beach CA 90813
- Dr. Yuan Chen M.D.1350 Cedar Ct Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Earl H Rudolph D.O.9901 Medical Center Dr Rockville MD 20850