Dr. Melissa Black is an optometrist practicing in Venice, FL. Dr. Black specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Black performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Melissa L Black OD's Practice location
Venice, FL 34292Get Direction
Dr. Melissa L Black OD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Cataract Removed?
How Cataract Surgery is Performed Prior to a cataracts surgery, you will have to attend an eye assessment with an ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist will first examine your health condition and any previous eye treatments. They will also check for any other eye problems currently affecting...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- Dr. Tad Robert Kosanovich O.D.150 S Indiana Ave Englewood FL 34223
- Dr. Steven Bovio OD3691 Webber St Sarasota FL 34232
- Dr. Kyle Matthew Schaub OD2601 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Margaret Ann Werker OD2020 Cattlemen Rd Sarasota FL 34232
- Dr. Brad Daniel Masuga O.D.8120 Lakewood Main St Bradenton FL 34202
- Dr. Scott A Stevens OD1360 E Venice Ave Venice FL 34285