Dr. Brian P Gleason MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)619 19th Street South Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Brian Gleason is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Gleason specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Gleason can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Gleason can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1984
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Robotic Surgery
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Mayo Clinic 1984
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Dr. Brian P Gleason MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Brian P Gleason MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gleason
- Reasons Why You Need Bariatric Surgery
What is Bariatric Surgery?Bariatric surgery is also referred as weight loss surgery. It is mainly done on obese people or those with a BMI (body mass index) greater than forty. The main aim of this kind of surgery is to achieve weight loss. What are the Risks of Being Overweight?Being obese poses...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Single Embryo Transfers Are Safer for Having Healthy a Baby
According to an international study published in the journal BMJ, women who have single embryo transfer rather than double embryo transfer have more chances of having a full-term pregnancy in in vitro fertilization. This study was a review of medical literature carried out by D.J. McLemon, an...
- Holistic Treatments for Fibroids
If your fibroids aren’t accompanied by any symptoms, you shouldn’t mind about treatment. Instead, your GP will suggest watchful waiting. This implies that you’ll have frequent pelvic examinations to establish fibroid tumors and symptoms. Ask your doctor the regularity of the check up so that...
- Fat Injections Can Hinder Mammograms
Injecting fat from other parts of the body to augment breasts is becoming more popular than the traditional methods used for breast enlargement procedures. Studies have indicated that the injection of fat in the breast tissue can hinder mammograms.Two major studies published in the journal, Plastic...
- Alternative Treatments for Bacterial Vaginosis
Having both “good” and ”bad” bacteria in the vagina is healthy. Nevertheless, bacterial vaginosis can develop if there is an imbalance in the two types of bacteria. When there is an overgrowth of the “bad” bacteria, they can cause inflammation that is associated with a bad-smelling,...
- Dr. Cecil A. Long M.D.2006 Brookwood Medical Center Drive Homewood Alabama 35209
- Dr. Shannon Ellis M.D.800 St. Vincent Drive Birmingham Alabama 35205
- Dr. Alex Joseph Childs M.D.2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Mary Kathleen Ingram MD806 St Vincents Drive Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Cecilia Mcgilvray Stradtman MD2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Meaghan Rolland Bowling MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249