Dr. Robert Cusick practices Pediatric Surgery in Omaha, NE. Dr. Cusick treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Cusickdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1992
University of Nebraska College of Medicine
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Comparison of short bowel syndrome acquired early in life and during adolescence.
- Interest in international surgical volunteerism: results of a survey of members
- Long-term neurodevelopmental outcomes in children born with gastroschisis: the tiebreaker.
- Pediatric inguinal hernias, hydroceles, and undescended testicles.
- Pediatric surgery.
- Identifying strategies to decrease infectious complications of gastroschisis repair.
- Trends in surgical management of urachal anomalies.
- Neurodevelopmental outcomes of tracheoesophageal fistulas.
- Venous Insufficiency
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Children'S Hosp & Med Ctr, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; University Hosp, Inc, General Surgery
- Children's Hospital Program
Dr. Robert A Cusick MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68114Get Direction
Dr. Robert A Cusick MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...