Dr. George Chaitkin is an ophthalmologist practicing in Denver, CO. Dr. Chaitkin specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Chaitkin can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Chaitkin can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1979
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Ophthalmology; Abbott-Nwestern/Allina Hlth Sy, Internal Medicine
- University Of Colorado 1980
Dr. George A Chaitkin M.D.'s Practice location
Denver, CO 80205Get Direction
Dr. George A Chaitkin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- Dr. Rebecca Sands Braverman MD777 Bannock St Denver CO 80204
- Dr. Mina Pantcheva MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Earl Randy Craven MD11960 Lioness Way Parker CO 80134
- Dr. Robert Isaac Fish M.D.12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Eva C. Kim MD710 Lawrence Expy Santa Clara CA 95051
- Dr. William L Hines MD2480 S Downing St Denver CO 80210