Dr. Malek El-muayed M.D.
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism675 N Saint Clair St Suite 14-100 Chicago IL, 60611
Dr. Malek El-muayed practices Endocrinology in Chicago, IL. Dr. El-muayed specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. El-muayed examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg MD
Dr. Malek El-muayed M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Dr. Malek El-muayed M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. El-muayed
- What is Type 1 Diabetes?
What is an auto-immune disease?Your immune system protects you from foreign invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungus by destroying them. In auto-immune diseases, the body mistakes self tissues to be foreign and destroys them. In other words, auto-immunity is an abnormal condition in which the...
- Important Points to Remember while being Diabetic and Pregnant
Pregnancy and Diabetes (Type I & II)Getting pregnant and giving birth are generally a straightforward process for most women. High-risk pregnancies are not as common as television shows like Grey's Anatomy and House would lead people to believe. That being said, there are still some risk factors...
- When Is Thyroid Surgery Necessary?
Overview of ThyroidectomyHypothyroidism, as the name indicates, refers to an underactive form of the thyroid gland. It means that the thyroid gland fails to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones in the body. The removal of the thyroid gland will further reduce the production of hormones,...
- Medicare Provider Incentives May Lead to Reduction of Type 2 Diabetes
Public health and the access to medical care for the impoverished or for those who have lower than average incomes have always been a subject of controversy in the United States. However, in the past few years, increased government investment in this sector have made proper healthcare available for...
- Vaccinations and Type 2 Diabetes
IntroductionThe possibility of vaccines that prevent type 2 diabetes is still in development and has yet to be available in the market. It is important to know what the root cause of diabetes in order to better find out how to control and prevent it. The short answer is yes, there are medicines...
- Gastric Bypasses in Diabetic Patients May Reduce Long-Term Mortality Rates
For a long time, diabetes has been one of the most dangerous diseases when left untreated. This condition alters the way in which the body produces and reacts to insulin, the hormone which helps regulate blood sugar levels and plays a vital role in the person’s metabolism. Type 2 diabetes, the...
- Dr. Boyd E. Metzger M.D.675 N Saint Clair St Chicago IL 60611
- Mr. Chaiyapon Couropmitree MD3416 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside Illinois 60546
- Elena Barengolts Other1801 West Taylor Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Marla Snyder Barkoff M.D.2720 W 15th St Chicago IL 60608
- Dr. Maria Olga Cardenas M.D., MSCI1550 Midway Pl Menasha WI 54952
- Dr. James C Sheinin MD111 N Wabash Ave Chicago IL 60602