Dr. Paul Maton is a gastroenterologist practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Maton specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Maton performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ London, London Hosp Med Coll (See -) 1971
St. George's University of London 1971
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Efficacy of omeprazole versus ranitidine for symptomatic treatment of poorly responsive acid reflux disease-a prospective, controlled trial.
- Antacids revisited: a review of their clinical pharmacology and recommended therapeutic use.
- Characterization of opioid receptors on smooth muscle cells from guinea pig stomach.
- A primary role for protein kinase A in smooth muscle relaxation induced by adrenergic agonists and neuropeptides.
- Actions of somatostatins on gastric smooth muscle cells.
- Use of gut peptide receptor agonists and antagonists in gastrointestinal diseases.
- Interaction of calcitonin gene-related peptides with pancreatic acinar cells and dispersed gastric smooth muscle cells.
- Stereologic investigations of human gastric mucosa. II. Oxyntic mucosa from patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Profile and assessment of GERD pharmacotherapy.
- Effects of curative gastrinoma resection on gastric secretory function and antisecretory drug requirement in the Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Review article: prevention of stress-related mucosal bleeding with proton-pump inhibitors.
- Allelic loss on chromosome 11 in hereditary and sporadic tumors related to familial multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1.
- Inhibition of peptidases potentiates enkephalin-stimulated contraction of gastric muscle cells.
- Role of acid suppressants in patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Activities of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and related peptides at the CGRP receptor.
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
Dr. Paul Nicholas Maton M.D.'s Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73112Get Direction
Dr. Paul Nicholas Maton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Proper Exercise Can Provide Effective Crohn's and Colitis Relief
For someone living with Crohn's or colitis, it may seem as if exercise is a bad idea. All of that movement can activate symptoms, right? What happens if the symptoms occur during exercise, such as diarrhea? Would it not be safer to avoid the risk and minimize movement?Actually, exercise has...
- Mandy Moore Determines Whether or Not She Has Celiac Disease
Celiac disease is becoming more popular because it has significantly increased its rate of affected people with the passage of time. People becoming more aware of the condition and how it affects the lives of people who are gluten intolerant have led big companies and franchises, such as McDonald's,...
- What Is Gastroenteritis: Get the Facts
Gastroenteritis, commonly known as "gastro", is a type of infection/inflammation that affects the human digestive system.A number of germs can cause gastroenteritis. They include: Viruses, especially those relating to norovirus, rotavirus, and hepatitis A. Bacteria such as the Salmonella,...
- What Triggers Heartburn?
Heartburn is a very uncomfortable situation that transpires in the body, characterized by a fiery sensation in the lower chest cavity. Heartburn is typically initiated after the consumption of certain foods and beverages. The fiery sensation an individual will experience is then followed by a bitter...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....
- What Are the Treatment Options for Gallstones?
The treatment plan for gallstones depends on each patient’s symptoms. The “active monitoring” system is recommended to people who show no symptoms. No treatment is required in such cases. However, if symptoms appear, it best to consult your doctor immediately. Most of the time, if you go...
- Dr. Larry A. Bookman M.D.8121 National Ave Oklahoma City OK 73110
- Dr. Ilysa R Diamond DO1010 Lake Street Oak Park IL 60301
- Dr. Abbas Raza MD3366 Nw Expressway Oklahoma City OK 73112
- Dr. Joe C Zuerker M.D.4200 W Memorial Rd Oklahoma City OK 73120
- Dr. Ahmad S Jazzar MD5617 Normandy Ter Oklahoma City OK 73142
- Dr. Sanjay Sikka M.D.77 Bates St Lewiston ME 04240