Dr. Damian L Covington M. D.
Family Practitioner1510 N 28th St Suite 300 Richmond VA, 23223
Dr. Damian Covington is a family practitioner practicing in Richmond, VA. Dr. Covington specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Covington possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 1999
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Carotid endarterectomy in the community hospital in patients age 80 and older.
- Carotid endarterectomy reoperations in a regional medical center.
- Severity, manifestations, and consequences of violence among pregnant adolescents.
- A statewide analysis of level I and II trauma centers for patients with major injuries.
- Preterm delivery and the severity of violence during pregnancy.
- [Knowledge and practices of the community distributors of contraceptives in Honduras].
- Effects of the North Carolina Prematurity Prevention Program among public patients delivering at New Hanover Memorial Hospital.
- Side effects and discontinuation of oral contraceptive use in southern Brazil.
- Physician attitudes and family planning in Nigeria.
- The hospital environment and infant feeding: results from a five country study.
- Cesarean delivery in northeast region of Brazil, 1978-80.
- Why women don't get sterilized: a follow-up of women in Honduras.
- Sterilization in Honduras: assessing the unmet demand.
- Risks and costs of illegally induced abortion in Bangladesh.
- Caesarean delivery in selected Latin American hospitals.
- Interval sterilizations. A substitute for postpartum procedures, an example from Southeast Brazil.
- Factors affecting number of prenatal care visits during second pregnancy among adolescents having rapid repeat births.
- Oral contrast is not necessary in the evaluation of blunt abdominal trauma by computed tomography.
- Clinicopathologic factors and patient perceptions associated with surgical breast-conserving treatment.
- Patient, hospital, and surgeon factors associated with breast conservation surgery. A statewide analysis in North Carolina.
- Effect of MgSO4 on heart rate monitoring in the preterm fetus.
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology and thyroid surgery in the community hospital.
- Splenic salvage in adults at a level II community hospital trauma center.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in octogenarians.
- Cholecystectomy in patients aged 80 and older.
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Vascular Disease
- Va Commonwealth U Mcv Sch Med, Family Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System Program
Dr. Damian L Covington M. D.'s Practice location
Richmond, VA 23223Get Direction
Richmond, VA 23219Get Direction
MIDLOTHIAN, VA 23112Get Direction
Dr. Damian L Covington M. D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Covington
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- Alternative Treatments for Head Lice
In case your child spends a night at a friend's house and later claims that the place had a lot of lice then you should know it is not a big deal. Though lice are spread from one person to another, they do not come with diseases and your child is just okay. In case you do not want to use clinical...
- How Long Does Acute Bronchitis Last? How to Treat and Prevent
Bronchial tubes, which are an important part of the respiratory system, perform an important function of exchanging air to and from the lungs. However, sometimes due to various triggers, these bronchial tubes can get inflamed causing a mucus build-up. The symptoms like coughing and dyspnea that are...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Sinusitis?
Sinusitis occurs because of the infection of the sinuses or cavities of the nasal passage, causing an inflammation and swelling of the tissue lining them. The usual cause is a virus, and the infection persists even when the upper respiratory symptoms have disappeared. Bacteria or fungi can also...
- Dr. John Keith Scott MD5360 Twin Hickory Rd Glen Allen VA 23059
- Dr. Donn S Cobaugh MD12801 Iron Bridge Rd Chester VA 23831
- Dr. Melissa K Bradner MD1250 E. Marshall Street Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. John Frederick Mills DO1800 Glenside Dr Richmond VA 23226
- Dr. Ismat Ara Asad M.D.10216 Taylorsville Rd Louisville KY 40299
- Dr. Joseph P Goddard M.D.13332 Midlothian Tpke Midlothian VA 23113