Dr. Shamiqua Johnson is a speech language pathologist practicing in FAYETTEVILLE, GA. Dr. Johnson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Johnson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Johnson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Shamiqua Johnson SLP's Practice location
FAYETTEVILLE, GA 30214Get Direction
Shamiqua Johnson SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Tamika Prendergast MS, CCC-SLP166 WATERCRESS CT STOCKBRIDGE GA 30281
- Jemia Elaine Jones M.S. CCC-SLP110 CREST RIDGE DR EAST POINT GA 30344
- Jomila Cooks4153 FLAT SHOALS PKWY STE 300A DECATUR GA 30034
- Shannon Fuelling M.A.670 S 8TH ST GRIFFIN GA 30224
- Ms. Roszina Danielle Scott M.A.4153 FLAT SHOALS PKWY BLDG C DECATUR GA 30034
- Leah K Kendrick M.ED., CCC-SLP1442 CAMBRIDGE CT RIVERDALE GA 30296