Dr. Jame Petrick is a psychologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Petrick specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Petrick evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Petrick because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Jame Douglas Petrick PH.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15228Get Direction
Dr. Jame Douglas Petrick PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Music Can Prevent Chronic Stress
Stress is inevitable in life; however, it is less manageable if an individual experiences chronic stress on a daily basis for an extended period of time. Stress triggers a series of reactions that initiate the stress response in cells throughout an individual's body. Commonly, if stress persists for...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Psychotherapy vs. Counselling
What is psychotherapy?When a therapist assists his patient in understanding who they are, the process is called psychotherapy. The therapist will take you through a journey that will reorganize your personality. Your insights can then be integrated with your day to day behaviour. Psychotherapy will...
- How to Protect Children with Autism from Being Bullied
Introduction to BullyingIt is an unfortunate fact that children have a tendency to find weaknesses and differences in their peers and latch onto it, emotionally or physically hurting the other child in the process. When performed on purpose and repeatedly this is bullying, and is a serious problem....
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Dr. Tamra Greenberg PH.D.2581 WASHINGTON RD. Pittsburgh PA 15241
- Mark Webb1 Williamsburg Place Warrendale PA 15086
- Dr. David V. Orbison PH.D.258 42nd Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15201
- Dr. Robert M. Wilson PH D2121 Noblestown Rd Pittsburgh PA 15205
- Dr. Ursula Teuter PH.D.316 Station St Bridgeville PA 15017
- Michael D. Franzen PHD4 Allegheny Ctr Pittsburgh PA 15212