Dr. Michelle M. Shepard MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1411 King St Charleston SC, 29403
Dr. Michelle Shepard is a nephrologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Shepard specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Shepard most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Seton Hall U Sch Grad Med Ed, Internal Medicine
Dr. Michelle M. Shepard MD's Practice location
Charleston, SC 29403Get Direction
CHARLESTON, SC 29401Get Direction
Dr. Michelle M. Shepard MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shepard
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- Dr. Nayan S Gowda MDMusc Division Of Nephrology Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Tibor Fulop MD2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Michael Jin Casey MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. David William Ploth MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Eric Thomas Pride M.D.3815 Faber Place Dr North Charleston SC 29405
- Dr. Rachel L. Sturdivant M.D.171 Ashley Avenue Charleston SC 29425