Dr. Sheela Mehra is an internist practicing in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Mehra specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Mehra provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Sheela Rajan Mehra MD's Practice location
Dr. Sheela Rajan Mehra MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips On Living with HIV
HIV, which stands for human immunodeficiency virus, is an infection that attacks the human being's defense system. When the infection gets into the body, it slowly destroys the immune system, leaving the body weak to various infections. As the virus continues to stay in the body, it develops from...
- Can Microchips Administer Medication?
A new idea of having an implantable microchip to deliver drugs on medication may replace daily injections and improve patient compliance in treatments. The new programmable device, discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), was tested on humans and the results...
- What Could Pain on Top of the Foot Mean?
The foot comprises flexible structures of soft tissues, muscles, joints, and bones that enable us to stand, walk, and perform other daily movements. However, certain injuries and a number of health conditions can impair the balance and movement of the foot, causing pain and other problems.The pain...
- The Best Diet for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are caused by an increase of pressure in the anal and rectal veins. This pressure can be caused by standing or sitting for too long, poor posture, anal intercourse, and many other things. However, the most common root causes of hemorrhoids are dietary and lifestyle choices. This means...
- Different Blood Types and What They Mean
The ABO (A, B, AB, or O) blood group system is used to classify different types of antibodies in the plasma and antigens in the red blood cells (RBCs). The ABO blood group and RhD antigen determine the type of blood that is a perfect match for blood transfusions. The four ABO blood groups are: ...
- Foods to Avoid If You Have Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by loose or watery stools that occur more than three times a day. Typically, the condition lasts for about two to three days and then resolves on its own. The symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, bloating, stomach cramps, gas, and nausea.Diarrhea can lead...
- Ramsey Joudeh M.D.466 Bay Ridge Ave Brooklyn NY 11220
- Dr. Geraldine S. Meanor MD150 Ridgewood Avenue Glen Ridge New Jersey 7028
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dr. Roger Alan Wooden MD233 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn New York 11205
- Dr. Cristian Harghel M.D.220-41 Union Tpke Oakland Gardens New York 11364